Doctor Who
70%

Total votes : 23

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue May 27, 2008 8:45 am
Nate says...

Which is better?

By the way, any answer besides Battlestar is wrong.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue May 27, 2008 8:46 am
Twit says...

But any answer besides Doctor Who doesn't exist.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Tue May 27, 2008 9:02 am
deleted6 says...

Notice what came back ;). And has gained pop culture from just 1 new season. So yeh Dr Who :p.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Tue May 27, 2008 9:35 am
chocoholic says...

The fact of the matter is, anybody who doesn't say Doctor Who desperately needs their head examined.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue May 27, 2008 9:51 am
Firestarter says...

BSG hands down.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue May 27, 2008 11:41 am
myfreindsavamp says...

No it's all Doctor Who. And I say that with hands down. Sorry things like BST don't apeal to my tasts. I spit them out. 8)
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Tue May 27, 2008 11:59 am
Sureal says...

I use to really enjoy the origional series of BSG when I was little - I even liked the weird series when they returned to Earth and could jump realy high and stuff - but the new series...

Well, I'd heard a load of good stuff about how good the new series is, so I decided to watch the pilot on the internet. I found it so boring I stopped watching it half way through, though. :(

I enjoyed the old Doctor Who as a child (although not as much as I enjoyed the old BSG), and I love the current series, so my vote goes to Doctor Who.
I wrote the above just for you.

Random avatar

Tue May 27, 2008 12:01 pm
deleted6 says...

And Dr Who winning yay British Science-fiction ;). BSG can't even compare as it hitched a ride from stuff like Dr Who :P.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Tue May 27, 2008 12:09 pm
Aedomir says...

Certainly not BSG, it makes me feel a bit queasy whenever I look at it...

Doctor Who, praise to R T Davies for bringing it back! I must admit, the old episodes had... better plots but woah they dragged on. :-)
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue May 27, 2008 12:14 pm
Rydia says...

Not seen BSG so you know where my vote is going.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue May 27, 2008 12:59 pm
Firestarter says...

Pretty much everyone who didn't choose BSG hasn't watched it, which says a lot.

Sureal > The pilot is pretty boring, but persevere and it gets damn good.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue May 27, 2008 2:23 pm
smaur says...

Vernon wrote:Notice what came back . And has gained pop culture from just 1 new season. So yeh Dr Who :p.

Actually ... both of them came back. And BSG keeps surfacing in pop culture, too.

And ... yeah. I'm pretty sure everyone who has seen all of New Who and all of BSG won't even have to argue this. It's BSG, obviously. Doctor Who is sometimes cute, but it's poorly written, riddled with deus ex machinas (can I pluralize that?) and ... kind of ridiculous. I watch the show pretty religiously but it's not very good.

Battlestar Galactica on other hand is one of the most amazingly plotted and paced shows EVER, with phenomenal character development and general awesomeness.

I actually stopped watching BSG when the show started getting worse and worse, but the depth of storylines and the incredible characters, the dialogue, the relationships, the ideas — basically, everything is better than Doctor Who.

Sorry, guys.

P.S. I would very much like to know if anyone has seen the first half of BSG's season two and still thinks Doctor Who is better.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

Random avatar

Tue May 27, 2008 2:50 pm
deleted6 says...

smaur wrote:
Vernon wrote:Notice what came back . And has gained pop culture from just 1 new season. So yeh Dr Who :p.

Actually ... both of them came back. And BSG keeps surfacing in pop culture, too.

And ... yeah. I'm pretty sure everyone who has seen all of New Who and all of BSG won't even have to argue this. It's BSG, obviously. Doctor Who is sometimes cute, but it's poorly written, riddled with deus ex machinas (can I pluralize that?) and ... kind of ridiculous. I watch the show pretty religiously but it's not very good.

Battlestar Galactica on other hand is one of the most amazingly plotted and paced shows EVER, with phenomenal character development and general awesomeness.

I actually stopped watching BSG when the show started getting worse and worse, but the depth of storylines and the incredible characters, the dialogue, the relationships, the ideas — basically, everything is better than Doctor Who.

Sorry, guys.

P.S. I would very much like to know if anyone has seen the first half of BSG's season two and still thinks Doctor Who is better.

Name one Deus Ex Machina from new season? It's all pretty well explained.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue May 27, 2008 2:59 pm
smaur says...

Vernon wrote:Name one Deus Ex Machina from new season? It's all pretty well explained.

Rose was one big flaming deus ex machina in "The Parting of Ways". The magical switch that turned everything off at the end of End of the World. The magical potion in the pilot episode. Cathica in "The Long Game". And on and on and on.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue May 27, 2008 3:00 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Doctor Who, obviously.

smaur wrote:
Vernon wrote:Name one Deus Ex Machina from new season? It's all pretty well explained.

Rose was one big flaming deus ex machina in "The Parting of Ways". The magical switch that turned everything off at the end of End of the World. The magical potion in the pilot episode. Cathica in "The Long Game". And on and on and on.

I don't see how either Rose or Cathica qualify as deus ex machinas, or the anti-plastic potion - it's not as if they popped up out of nowhere to save the day and hadn't been seen before.
Last edited by Cpt. Smurf on Tue May 27, 2008 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

I am not a person I am a natural disaster
— TheWordsOfWolf