z

Young Writers Society

Anyone like old-school games?

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Thu May 12, 2005 12:02 am
Mattie says...

I like super nintendo games like donkey kong, mario, and teenage mutant ninga turtles. :) LOL

148 Reviews

Reviews: 148
Fri May 13, 2005 2:57 am
ohhewwo says...

I love the more fecent games, but whenever I get I chance, I'll choose some SNES over anything. That machine is the shiznit.
"The only difference between me and a mad man is that I am not mad."
-Salvador Dali, surrealist

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat May 14, 2005 1:03 pm
Zion says...

3 wonders, King of Dragons, Mystic Riders, Aero Fighters, Knights of the Round...I cant think of the others. Personally most of old school games will be always better than the new ones. Todays games are like the hollywood blondies. Got big boobs, have bearly any clothes and a gorageous face. But inside they got nothing. ITs the same with todays games. The only got great graphics and sounds and thats all. Backin those days games were made with/for love of gaming not money. There are exceptions today but most of it its crap.
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:34 am
Wandwaver says...

I think my fav game ever was Legend of Dragoon for PS1. That game had a lot of good depth, and excellent graphics for it's time. I only ever had the PS Underground Demo, but I could play it over and over again. Loved it.
I am Sash Greenlea, Padawan Learner

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:24 am
skeptik_225 says...

SNES owns!

Super Mario Kart, Donkey Dong, SUper Mario Brothers and SUper Mario Three, Tetris, Earthworm Jim, Hook, Bubble Bobble, Yoshi's Cookie, Ninja Gaden, Ninja Turtles, Slapshot, NBA Jam, Yoshi's Island and i think that's about everybody!

SNES owns!

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:37 am
Bobo says...

Super Nintendo has the best games EVER!!! The only non-SNES games that are favorites of mine are SSBM and Double Dash. Other than that- Super Mario All-Stars! And especially those awesome RPG's like Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:38 am
Snoink says...

I like hopscotch and four square!

Er... yeah.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:56 am
sabradan says...

Marios a communist. But the old-school original Zelda is the shit.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:35 am
the_red_gem says...

What do you mean "the old school zelda is shit". I hope you don't mean [i]Zelda:A Link To The Past[/i]. That game...now that was quality. I also really liked [i]Secret Of Mana[/i] and [i]Harvest Moon[/i]. Old school games were so awesome. Do any of you remember the really old school games like [i]Zork[/i] and stuff on atari. I grew up with a atari and I still have it. I loved that game...what was it called?...something 2000...it doesn't really matter.

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:41 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

Sonic RULES! and what about crash bandicoot or spyro the dragon?
Last edited by Caligula's Launderette on Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:41 am
Elizabeth says...

I like a lot of old stuff, todays things are soo stupid and pointless. Like Animal Crossing and that monkey bubble thingy...
Donkey Konga however...:D:D:D

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:13 pm
Chevy says...

I made a thread like this already. Oh well.

Anyway, my favorite old school game was PaperBoy. I was truly the master of it. My score was so high it froze the game. I don't know what ever happened to that GameBoy game. Neither my GameBoy color. I think I sold it at a yard sale for $40. Oh! And I had the atomic purple one (the clear one)!
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:36 pm
Sgt.Pepper says...

Mario All-Stars/Super Mario(the original)

Go Mario.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:26 am
Crysi says...

DUDE Harvest Moon and Zelda rock. *stares* My favorite games. Ever. Er, game series, I suppose.

The original Super Mario rawks as well. :D
Love and Light

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:36 am
Zion says...

King of Dragons, Knights of the Round, Metal Slug (all versions), Caddilacs and Dinosaurs, Captain Commando....I cant remember all of em...
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

"In my contact with people I find that, as a rule, it is only the little, narrow people who live for themselves, who never read good books, who do not travel, who never open up their souls in a way to permit them to come into contact with other souls -- with the great outside world."
— Booker T. Washington, Up From Slavery