z

Young Writers Society

TYWC Archives

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:16 am
Nate says...

Well, I found out that David (the admin of TYWC) never deleted the storybook starters, and I managed to find some by YWS' greatest!

Note, all of these are from several years ago...

The Night World Attack by kitty15

This is an RPG storybook about the human world being attacked by the night creatures - vampires, witches ect. No one knows why the fight began, before the humans ruled the world in the day and the supernatural at night but now vampires and witches have been seen on the street by a group of humans who fight the evil. Make up ur own characters but plz no more than 7 of each unless we have enough on the other side. I take a shapeshifter.

One Day... by Writersdomain

One day when Seli was walking through the park she saw a teleporter. She went through it and found that it went back to the medieval times. She said "Yipee!" and went through it now knowing the dangers it would cause. She went in there thinking 'I'm a tough girl. I've hurt the boys at school. Surely I can survive this' but after this experience she would never think the same prideful thoughts again...

The Griffin Expedition by Griffinkeeper

This is going to be an RPG. I want you to contribute as much to the story as possible. Just a few rules. You can make up a character as long as you work with it. If you get tired of the story just kill the character off by taking advantage of the dangers of the story. Or give it to someone else.

The Setting: The Kingdom of Meade and areas surrounding it.
The plot: A massive force is assembling in a kingdom a month's ride from Meade, negotiations have been fruitless. The kingdom has a small alliance consisting mostly of men and elves. Even so they are hopelessly outnumbered, almost 10 to 1. The alliance has decided to seek an alliance with the griffins to the north. You, along with your companions have volunteered. The task before you is not easy. The terrain to the north is rugged. Many wild creatures roam the territory. Roads are non existant. Assuming you find the griffins you need to ask them to join the alliance. You have one month to do that.

I will be the Head Griffin named Seeker.
Seeker is a former mercenary that has been elected as Prime Consul. You will meet him in the mountains.
Good Luck!

The Thought Maker by Griffinkeeper

What would you create?

It had finally been built. It was the single most powerful device in the world. A device that would take what you thought and made it into reality. The scientist stopped admiring his invention and then thought of something. What if it got into the wrong hands? It could make mass quanities of medicine, or it could make mass quanities of weapons. It was a moment of essence. He could do what he wanted. He could be the ruler of the world! He could smash anything that came in his path with his machine and what it created. The feeling of power slowly withdrew and still he had the machine. He had several options. He could destroy it and throw away opportunity. He could use it. Who would tell him when to stop though? That is what he needed to create. It couldn't be human. It had to be smart. It had to be strong. It needed to be wise. It had to be intelligent.

He created the Griffin. The male he named Adam. The female he named Eve. The griffins, with the help of the scientist grew in power and number each year. In doing so he actually created magic. He died a few years later. The griffins flourished. They soon grew to be able to use the machine. They never trusted humans though. It would only be a matter of time before humans would meet them. They would have to be prepared.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:46 am
Rydia says...

At least something remains then. I can't even remember starting that one and text speech? I'm completely ashamed! Haha. I really wouldn't be the writer I am today without the storybook section of TYWC.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:01 pm
Aedomir says...

Hehe!

I wish I had been in TYWC :-(
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:41 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Holy cow, I forgot I even started those. Blast from the past.

The storybook section of TYWC was really where I got interested in writing as a hobby.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:38 pm
Nate says...

I forgot to mention that the above four are from the TYWC submissions processing system. David purged the stories & poems a long time ago, but he didn't purge the unposted storybooks. There's something like 625, and that's just the ones he posted to the submissions processing system. (when you submitted a work, it was placed in a database. David then had to move the contents of that database into another database so that the story/poem posters could see it and then post them).

The only way of knowing a person is to love them without hope.
— Walter Benjamin