z

Young Writers Society

Young Fantasy Writers?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:37 am
Nate says...

What's going on at the Young Fantasy Writers? I checked up over there for the first time in a few months, and it's been hacked or something like that?

Makes me think about updating to the latest phpbb version... the current version is safe, but does have some flaws. The only problem with updating is that the dynamic avatars will no longer work.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:47 am
Shadow Knight says...

Do you think you'll be able to get them working again if you update?
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:57 am
Zion says...

SOme terrible things have happend to the forum. I took the liberty and advised Daniel (the admin) to have a word with you Nate if you wont mind. He needs some guidance.
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:37 am
dreaming_mouse says...

A lot of writers forums are being hacked at the moment

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:21 pm
Firestarter says...

*touch wood*
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:38 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Ah, god.

YFW was hacked by some guy named...ah, who cares. I don't really know what he did. He got into everyone's info or something. I actually stopped going there a couple of months ago, when a LOT of new people just suddenly moved in, it kind of got less uncomfortable, and there were too many threads. If you ask me, Daniel is doing a harsh job with YFW.

Anyway, I'm not going there anymore. Too dangerous, having a hacker around looking at all your info. I should really delete my member, but I have so many memories. Well, all the old threads got deleted anyways...
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:44 am
Meshugenah says...

Yeah.. it's a mess. The admin has several problems there right now...

Yeah, EBM pretty much has it. The only reason I'm going back right now is 'cause I'm a mod (none of the old members are there anymore).
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

418 Reviews

Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:55 am

Yeah, its strange. Just when Daniel comes back, all the members leave...hmm...

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:09 pm
Crysi says...

Heh. I didn't really get along with Daniel..

Yeah, when I left, there had been threats from a certain member to hack into the site and send viruses and such. I thought Daniel was being immature about it and not taking it seriously, so I "advised" him. He didn't like what I was telling him, so he ended up changing my password. Luckily I found the "Forgot your password?" link, so I used that and got my account back. THEN I left lol!

Anyway, yeah it's chaos there. Too many members, not nearly enough mods, and favoritism.
Love and Light

148 Reviews

Reviews: 148
Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:25 pm
ohhewwo says...

Maybe this guy's a sci-fi writer that hates fantasy ... yeeeeaaah ...

594 Reviews

Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:23 am
Crysi says...

No, he's just a 13-year-old guy who doesn't know how to run a forum.
Love and Light

418 Reviews

Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:21 pm

Yep, thats about it.

Although ohhewwo could always be right.

I can't believe thats what actually happened with you and Daniel. You had all the right reasons to delete your member if he did do that, although I can't imagine it. I thought you just left because. At least, thats what he said...

594 Reviews

Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:17 pm
Crysi says...

:roll: Yeah, there were some pretty nasty comments thrown back and forth.. He changed my password just to see my PMs. Well, Danny boy wasn't too smart, because he ended up changing my password to HIS password. So yes, I had access to his account for a day. He's lucky I'm too innocent to do any damage.

I'm sure he deleted my rants as well.. Basically I was just sick of how he was "running" things. But I'm glad I left. I've heard some things about it since that make me wonder why I ever joined.. Of course, the site was much better when I first joined. There were.. maybe 10 members.
Love and Light

418 Reviews

Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:45 am

Yeah, when I joined in early October, I thinkw was it, the site was the best ever. I could not stop posting, and soon I had surpassed many older members. But now...I just can't believe how much it changed. We were a family, now...I don't know what we are now. I think the main reason this happened is because Daniel "was too busy" and never posted in the forum for about 3 months. But really, someone can't be that busy. Even 5 minutes a day would have helped.

594 Reviews

Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:54 am
Crysi says...

I know. And he always ignored my suggestion that he should appoint another admin.. It took him months to realize we needed more mods. I mean, we had.. what, four active mods for over 100 members, most of which posted everyday? Stupid. And I heard he made Ashen a global mod, even though Arvy technically won the vote. Not a surprise.

Hah, I remember when you joined.. Bugged the heck outta me with your randomness. ;) But then, I didn't know randomness.
Love and Light

The continuation of our world depends more on the survival of the kindest than it does on the survival of the fittest.
— Arcticus