z

Young Writers Society

How do you get the news?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:41 am
Nate says...

So how do you get your news? Do you watch CNN, Fox News, Sky News, BBC, ABC (the Australian one), etc., or do you read something like the Washington Post, the Guardian, the New York Times, the Daily Mirror, the Australian, the Economist, Financial Times, etc.? Or maybe your one of those newsaholics (like me) that reads everything from China's People's Daily to the local journal and from the Economist to Sports Illustrated.

So... how do you get your news?

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:47 am
Zion says...

God bless cable! :D Not interested in macedonian newspapers belive me...
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:24 am
Supermal says...

My local newspaper, CNN and MSN.com.
~Michelle~
Who needs friends when you've just bought a brand new pen?

Reviews: 1
Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:38 am
Jennythemenace says...

News papers, we have three different once in this family. Tv and internet. They all say the same things so I don’t know why I even bother using more than one source.

(Arvandor : He might be stupid but he’s a great football player. My favourite story is the one when he got a thermos from his wife and she said it keeps warm things warm and cold things cold, so he put ice tea and hot chocolate in it.)

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:32 pm
Firestarter says...

The Guardian for the Newspaper, or The Times.

Otherwise I watch BBC News, or Sky News 24, or I go on the BBC website for Sport.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:53 pm
Emma says...

Sometimes the newspaper. (what ever one my dad gets) and if I am really bored I watch the news and thats only if nothing else is on.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:12 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

ITV News and on Saturdays I sometimes read the sun with their lovely page 3 and celebrity scandals lol

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:21 pm
Duskglimmer says...

The Sun, and sometimes I look at the news online if I see something that catches my eye while passing through yahoo or something.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:52 pm
niteowl says...

I don't care a whole lot about news, but I usually get it from the wowway.com homepage or msn if I really care. I don't watch it on TV because the last time I did that, it put me to sleep. *wonders if we have a sleepy smiley* Back in 7th grade we had to do Weekly World News, getting a different story from a different country every week. It was really hard because the only thing the news ever talked about was Iraq. It was really hard to find 40 countries. I hardly ever turned mine in anyways.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:08 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I read the Sun on Saturdays, and that's about it, unless ITV news or something happens to be on when I'm in the room, I never actually sit down and say "I'm going to watch the news".
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:26 pm
Midnight says...

The Sun's subeditior came to our school for a talk last year. We completely pounded him, he had to mutter his way through excuses for the sun's racist attitudes. That was a great day.

But Anyways yeah read The Guardian cos my dad gets it, BBC news on the web if i'm on, Or watch BBC news or Channel 4 news on TV generally. Ooo and the Metro because it's free on the bus in the morning. I don't make a point of reading the newspaper everyday but it's nice to know what's going on.\
available

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:28 pm
Midnight says...

oh and for gossip i'm ashamed to say Heat (yup Heat argh) and IMDB gossip bit.
available

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:22 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

I get mine from the new york times, cnn, or nbc or msnbc. I never watch fox, because I can not stand it.And yes I am Liberal.
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:10 am
Shadow Knight says...

I don't bother getting the news :P but when i do, i normally watch the 10 news
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:49 am
Sam says...

read the highly renowned Lincoln Journal Star (heehahaha), plus, while I was in DC they delivered free USA Today (coincidence, or no?) so I am now a fan of that.

Plus, magazines like Time and Reader's Digest. I'm old school...no news at 10 for me. :twisted: Except when my dad watches Good Morning America right before school so I usually watch then...
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

"We're just all nosy little busybodies."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi