z

Young Writers Society

Procrastinate anyone?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:43 am
Nate says...

It's about 5 am at the time of this post...

I have a paper due later today about Othello as a morality play at 10 am for a Shakespeare class, and I didn't start it until 11 pm. For the rest of the day, I didn't do a thing save go to my one class and my one hour of work at the elementary school. So all in all, I wasted about twelve hours where I could've finished my paper.

Thing is, I thought it was gonna be an easy paper, but I was way wrong. Way wrong. So now I'm finally on the conclusion, and still procastinating by writing this post. Doesn't matter that my eyes are half closed and that I really, really want to go to bed; I'M STILL PROCRASTINATING!!!

So anyways, I was wondering how many people here procrastinate. After all, everyone here is a writer so, logically, everyone here should be good at doing assignments in a timely manner. I know that I started procrastinating back in fourth grade, and that I've never looked back since even though each and every single year I promise myself that this year will be different, this year I won't write a paper or do a project that we've had months to do the night before its due.

Of course, I also blame it on teachers. It's way too easy to get an A, especially at my college. As long as I use proper english, I'm virtually assured of, at the very least, a B+.

So anyways, procrastination stinks, I want to go to bed, and I promise that I will never do it again.

:P

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:35 pm
Nai says...

Oh man...Nate, I am the definition of procrastinate.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:34 pm
niteowl says...

I procrastinate too. I have been known to finish my workbook assignments and flashcards for Spanish as Mrs. Spiteri is coming around and checking them. And a couple weeks ago we had to write a reader response on whatever book we chose (I have the Great Gatsby) and comment on the book and use quotes. I wrote the most random, useless, carp I have ever written the night before and stayed up until 10:30, which is late for me with homwork. But I managed to fill two pages double-spaced. Yesterday I did the same thing but this one was a lot better. I actually followed one line of reasoning.

I let everything wait till the last minute. Chores, homework, filling stuff out, anything you aske me to do, I'll do it, but not right away. When I have to pay my own taxes I'll be the one rushing to the post office at 11:59 PM on April 14th. :lol:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:43 pm
Shadow Knight says...

Yep, definately a procrastinator, i normally spend my time sifting through various items on here instead of doing my homework.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:34 pm
Bobo says...

Nate, that sounds exactly like me. I call myself the ultimate procrastinator. We had a take home test for math two units ago, and I turned it in on Tuesday of this week. It's probably been, like, two months since then. Of course, I would have done it the day we got it, but I was gone that day, so I ended up taking forever to get it done. I'm surprised my math teacher even accepted it. See below.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:23 pm
Meshugenah says...

hehe, guilty. I was up until 10 last night finishing an english project that I had started the day before, and we had it for a month and a half. and I had band that night...oh well. Sure was fun, though *cough*
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:34 pm
Emma says...

I had this big test for maths and I didn't revise until the last night. I got the worst score EVER.

26/100 .... >.<

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:46 pm
Bobo says...

Ouch. And I thought 12/20 was bad... on the other hand, I've always been one of the top math students minus whatever work I don't do, so it is bad. Yeah.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:20 am
marching_gurl89 says...

Ya.I once had to do a paper for history and it was SUPPOSED to be about Casa Blanca. Well I hadn't paid atention to the movie so I wrote about Phantom of the Opera. The paper took me 4 hours cause I was on here then i talked to Nicole on the phone.
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

683 Reviews

Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:57 am
Emma says...

wow! I feel sorry for you there. I a=normally always do bad in tests in maths. I get to much homewrok. I say I will do it but then I forget to do it. Its the same with french. And german.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:59 pm
Areida says...

Just the other week we had this enormous test on Dante's Inferno, and we'd known it was coming up for two weeks. But did I study? Nope.

It was all essay-questions, so I decided to study by writing practice essays, right? Well, the test was on a Friday, and by Wednesday night I was getting a little concerned b/c I realized just how close the test was. I studied probably a grand total of twenty minutes that night..lol.

Thursday night rolls around and by 10pm I still haven't studied. So finally, I crack down and work until 230am. And get up at six.

I was so hilarious that day...four hours of sleep...usually I get at least six, so I was laughing when nothing was funny and running into more stuff than usual, lol.

But of course, instead of failing and learning a lesson, I got a 96. What can I say? Omnibus is my thing. :twisted:
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:43 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

I have never needed to study for tests but because I procratinated I had to do a presentation on improve but I got na A.
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:50 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

OH OH! NATE! i have a book about procrastination.... i havent gotten around to reading it yet.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:19 pm
Nate says...

QiGuaiGongFu wrote:OH OH! NATE! i have a book about procrastination.... i havent gotten around to reading it yet.

LOL

683 Reviews

Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:34 pm
Emma says...

lol that was funny. And I know this girl who doesnt ever revise or try and gets good marks
sooo unfair

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.
— Bill Nye