z

Young Writers Society

So apparently, Alan Dershowitz "knows nothing ...

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:05 am
sabradan says...

Former President Carter, who recently published a "book" with Simon and Shuster publishers with the controversial title "Palestine: Peace, not Apartheid". This book claims, through infactual information, logical fallacy arguments, historical inaccuracies, as well as blatant lies/made up information and plagarism, that Israel is an "apartheid state" on level with Apartheid South Africa, and is the cause of all the problems in Israel/Palestine and US support for Israel is the cause of American problems in the region. (Note: summary based on second-and-third hand information. I have only read summarys and newspaper articles so far, and am in the process of trying to find a library with it so I can read it myself, because I'm not gonna give that douche money)
He also further claimed he wrote the "book" to increase debate about the topic in the United States. However, when offered/asked to debate known Free Speech Activist and Zionist Alan Dershowitz, he refused, saying "I don't feel the need to debate someone...who in my oppinion knows nothing about the situation in Palestine" (Notice how he doesn't even mention Israel, as if it doesn't exist/isn't there)
Now, why wouldn't he debate his book/the situation with Dershowitz unless he knows he's going to get his a** handed to him on a platter in that debate? Hrm? Methinks hes scared and/or full of s***.

Full text of the article here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061215/ap_on_re_us/carter_book
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:11 am
Snoink says...

Hahaha... don't get me started on Carter. He never belonged in politics at all and the fact that he's trying to stay active in it is a sad sad thing. Still, I won't be reading his book. It's sort of like Earth in Balance. To some extent, it's probably good in the way a thriller is (as in very scary that there are people who are just like that), but there's only so much idiocy you can take in a day.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

147 Reviews

Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:30 am
sabradan says...

Well. I'm only reading it because I want to know for myself EXACTLY what it says, so that I can be knowledgeable on it when I need to be if/when I do (which I plan on doing) starting to organize a protest here in Chicago.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:54 pm
backgroundbob says...

We already have a thread for this
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:59 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Is the book available in the UK or only in the US?
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

147 Reviews

Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:49 pm
sabradan says...

Its slightly different, Bob. Also, Kay, I don't know if it is or not, try contacting your local Library/Bookstore.

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

fun fact i hear my evil twin once wrote a story about a hacker who used the name fyshi33k bc there are 33k-ish species of fish and she liked phishing so fyshi-33k made sense but then she got super embarrassed when someone forced her to explain
— VyperShadow