z

Young Writers Society

The Last Man Standing: Round II

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:33 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

It's Adri's job to remind everyone who doesn't have their chapters in, the day before :P I mean, Tenyo gave them that job.
stay off the faerie paths

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:48 pm
TriSARAHtops says...

Mine's done, just needs to be submitted. When I get to my computer I'll do just that!
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:29 am
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

TIME IS UP.

Surviving Warriors - 29

Fallen Warriors - 2

Rogues - 3

Deceased - 7

RIP:
@Blues
@Strange

Awards

The Huntsman’s Knife - for making it through week III.
@Arkhaion @AstralHunter @AdrianMoon @Ashnirai @Auxiira @Atsmai @bluewaterlily @Buggiedude2340 @ChiravianSkies @EnderFlash @Falconer @Flite @Ironspark @kayfortnight @Lavvie @megsug @Meandbooks @Messenger @OliveDreams @Pompadour @QueenAnne @Soulkana @ScarlettFire @SpiritedWolfe @TimmyJake @TriSARAHtops @Tuesday @Tortwag @willachilles

Spoiler! :
Lavvie - As you explained you submitted your chapter after the deadline, but had finished it beforehand -I will put it down this week that you’ve made it through but ultimately @Tenyo will make the decision on that when their back. For now, treat it as though you’re safe and write write write for week 4! <3

’I Love That Line’ Award

It tasted like the ashes of my enemies with a side of sweetness.
- AdrianMoon

When she entered, he only recognized her by the lift of her chin.
- megsug

Congratulations guys! Well done for making it through to the next week. I feel this week was a big hurdle.

We’ll remember those who have fallen with fond memories.

Ride on to week 4!
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

667 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 667
Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:29 pm
View Likes
Messenger says...

Every time I get tagged by this I get so scared that I forgot to link my chapter XD Then I m so relieved that it's just a list of survivors

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:13 pm
View Likes
Soulkana says...

Messenger I always think the same haha.
May the gentle moon take you into peaceful dreams. May the mighty sun brighten your new days.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:00 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

So we meet again, fellow friends.

@AstralHunter, @AdrianMoon, @Ashnirai, @Auxiira, @bluewaterlily, @Buggiedude2340, @ChiravianSkies, @EnderFlash, @Falconer, @Ironspark, @Lavvie, @lostthought,
@megsug, @Meandbooks, @OliveDreams, @Pompadour, @Soulkana, @SpiritedWolfe, @TimmyJake, @ThePhoenix, @Tenyo, @Tortwag.

There's a lot of chapters that need to be submitted before midnight on Sunday! So many, so many.

Darling, characters are nightmares written like daydreams. ♫
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:28 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

ohm you know me, I'll get it in 5 minutes before the deadline~
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:36 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

And I'll probably follow Auxiira's radiant example, lol.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:18 am
View Likes
bluewaterlily says...

@Adrianmoon @Tenyo

Due to a need to do more research to write my novel, I will going rogue from now on and focusing on another project.
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

347 Reviews

Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:36 am
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

TIME IS UP.

Surviving Warriors - 25

Fallen Warriors - 4

Rogues - 3

Deceased - 12

RIP:
@Ashnirai
@ChiravianSkies
@bluewaterlily
@OliveDreams - I know, I know. I suck.

Awards

The Archer’s Arrow - for making it through week IV.
@Arkhaion @AstralHunter @AdrianMoon @Auxiira @Atsmai @Buggiedude2340 @EnderFlash @Flite @Falconer @IronSpark @kayfortnight @Lavvie @Messenger @megsug @Meandbooks @Pompadour @QueenAnne @Soulkana @ScarlettFire @SpiritedWolfe @TimmyJake @TriSARAHtops @Tuesday @Tortwag @willachilles

Outstanding Opening Line Award

My father held two cups of coffee in his hands when I came through the terminal.
- Flite

’I Love That Line’ Award

His chest felt hollow, every heartbeat shaking his ribs like an earthquake in a greenhouse.
- Arkhaion

Particles of dust floated about in a lazy manner.
- Messenger

Week V Commences!

Good luck on the next part of your LMS journey...

“No one's journey is easy. It's how they handle it that makes people unique.” - Kevin Conroy
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:37 am
View Likes
willachilles says...

Congratulations to all that have made it through the week!

And to the 4 people who didn't make it...

But you must continue as rogue! YOU MUST!
Do you even YWS?

"Poetry is what happens when your mind stops working, and for a moment all you do is feel."
-ishitadutt

"You have to pretend to sleep before you can ever dream."
-silented1

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:24 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

Once more, we are here~

@AstralHunter, @Auxiira, @Buggiedude2340, @EnderFlash, @Falconer, @Lavvie, @lostthought, @Messenger, @megsug, @Meandbooks, @Pompadour, @Soulkana, @SpiritedWolfe, @TimmyJake, @ThePhoenix, @Tenyo, @Tortwag.

Those chapters need to be written and submitted before midnight on Sunday!

So it's gonna be forever, or the pages will turn to ash in flames. You can tell when it's over, if the plot twists were worth the pain. ♫

Spoiler! :
EDIT: I did not mean to tag TimmyJake. I must have glossed over his name while seeing who posted their chapters.

Uh, to anyone else, if I accidentally tag you or leave you out, let me know.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

347 Reviews

Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:04 am
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

TIME IS UP.

Surviving Warriors - 25

Fallen Warriors - 0

Rogues - 3

Deceased - 11

Awards

The Wizard’s Staff - for making it through week V.
@Arkhaion @AstralHunter @AdrianMoon @Auxiira @Atsmai @Buggiedude2340 @EnderFlash @Flite @Falconer @IronSpark @kayfortnight @Lavvie @Messenger @megsug @Meandbooks @Pompadour @QueenOfHearts @Soulkana @ScarlettFire @SpiritedWolfe @TimmyJake @TriSARAHtops @Tuesday @Tortwag @willachilles

Outstanding Opening Line Award

For possessing such a tame name, the wabbit was anything but comical.
- Pompadour

’I Love That Line’ Award

The robin redbreasts singing their songs, like a natural whistle, blowing to soothe the ears of the bypassers.
-willachilles

A sword catches my eye, and I let my finger glide over the words inscribed in the hilt.
- QueenOfHearts

Best Description and Name of an Invented Mythical Creature...ever.

A wabbit is easy enough to identify, with its long, ribbon-like ears and coat of mucous across its hard shell.
- Pompadour

Most Accomplished Challenger

TriSARAHtops - *slow claps*

Week VI Commences!

I am phenomenally proud of how well you are all doing! I’m also severely jealous. Keep going!

“You take people, you put them on a journey, you give them peril, you find out who they really are.” - Joss Whedon

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:09 am
View Likes
willachilles says...

Wut.

WUT.

Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS! NO ONE DIED!

Secondly, who da heck voted for my line to go into dis? @ChocolateCello...was it you...?

Thirdly, WOO!
Do you even YWS?

"Poetry is what happens when your mind stops working, and for a moment all you do is feel."
-ishitadutt

"You have to pretend to sleep before you can ever dream."
-silented1

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:41 pm
View Likes
ChocolateCello says...

I would love to say that it was me, but honestly... I don't even know how to vote @willachilles
"I don't know what to put as my signature."
Cello, Chocolate. Cello's Internal Narration. Young Writers Society: Edit Signature, 2016.

Follow your passion, stay true to yourself, never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path then by all means you should follow that.
— Ellen Degeneres