Young Writers Society

The YWS Cup

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:58 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

I start an eight and a half hour shift in six hours plus an hour commute each way. Trust me Jack, I'm done xD
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:15 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

Here's the second a&p one. Pengi will be posting hers here soon!
Writing Gooder

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:18 am
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

A&P? What is this nonsense?! :D Now I may watch Farscape til my eyes bleed! :D
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:22 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

Oh and if you haven't worked it out yet, that's a draw ;) I'm afraid we're calling for a rebellion of some sorts as we couldn't possibly fight any longer.
Writing Gooder

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:36 am
View Likes
Firestarter says...

From the rules in the original post:

In the case of a tie, there will be a week-long replay immediately following the end of the match. Because I'm cruel.

The match goes on!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

896 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:40 am
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

Totally didn't think that through at all.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:42 am
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Well, there's still time to betray the agreement. To prevent such a thing happening. In the interest of saving both your sanities.

Or I could flip a coin.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:25 am
View Likes
FermentingFruit says...

One extra week? I'm down to watch that.

Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:31 am
View Likes
zephion says...

Okay, time to post my measly number of reviews. I had the ones that you can see and this one that I clicked post accidentally before I was done and it didn't count as a review, but I think it's long enough to be a review. Hopefully that counts, but if not I totally understand. Thanks for hosting this Firstarter, it's been a blast.

work.php?id=99333
[Insert memorable saying or term here]

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:27 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

What if we tie for the extra week? Either way, no betrayal from me so it's entirely in my wifey's hands!
Writing Gooder

896 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:34 am
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

Ah darn you. Another week it is! ♥

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:39 am
View Likes
noninjaes says...

I only just realised this, but I may be paired against Hannah when my match comes around. o.o I don't think I have that many reviews in me.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:35 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

Loo lee loo, just spectating over here.
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:04 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

I'll only allow another week of review battling if you both promise not to force another tie. It's against the spirit of the competition! If I let you do another week and you do manipulate another tie, I'll kick you both of the cup, yo.

Also consider that by forcing another week of reviewing, you delay the whole YWS Cup by a week. Think of the people who haven't even had a chance to participate yet!

So there's that, or one of you could just do an extra review, or I could flip a coin.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:03 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Matches 5, 6, and 7 have finished

Predicted scores

DISCLAIMER: These are the predicted scores based off the weekly leaderboards. I know that some people have been reviewing Art & Photography, which isn't counted. If you feel like you scored more than I've stated below, it is your responsibility to contact me in the next 24 hours to change your score. You have to provide evidence for your other reviews. I will then alter the score (and possible the result) accordingly.

Failure to provide evidence for reviews will result in the scores below staying final. If you want to win, show me the money!

Once again, the scores below are predicted!

Match 5

zephion 9 - 4 Griffinkeeper

A little bit of giant-killing as zephion knocks out Griffinkeeper! zephion could be the dark horse in the competition! Watch out, everybody!

Match 6

EnchantedPanda 1 - 2 znale1

A low scoring encounter, as znale1 mimicks their name and leads by one! Barring any A&P reviews, znale1 sneaks into the second round with just 2 reviews!

Match 7

PenguinAttack 26 - 26 Rydia

Incredible effort by both ladies with a titanic twenty-six reviews each! Unfortunately, their zest for competition dropped near the end of the week and they agreed to tie the match. Which isn't against the rules, but I frown upon it because it means I have to make mean decisions.

The rules I made up on the spot when I started this state that a one-week long review battle immediately starts again, right now. But I think that's cruel, and slightly boring, and I think they'll just be lame and tie it again, and also I want to get the second round up and running!

I'm thinking about flipping a coin instead. Is this fair? Let me know.

Thanks everybody for participating in the first round! I will be posting the members who will be in the draw for the second round shortly, and then I will probably post the results of the draw later tonight!

Life is like a bag of potatoes, it starts out rough, but can turn into something beautiful (and yummy).
— Ley