z

Young Writers Society

The Last Man Standing: Round II

175 Reviews

Reviews: 175
Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:43 pm
Harker says...

@Arkhaion, okay, thanks for the heads up!
John. Queer guy, writer, fan of stuff.

~ Some men are born in their bodies, others have to fight for it. ~

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:20 pm
TimmyJake says...

I'm suffering from multiplenovelschlorosis, soooo I don't think I'll be able to get the chapter done. :/ That, and I'm in the middle of writing a song with someone, so my free time has been absorbed from too many angles.

Going rogue or out, whichever~
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:58 am
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

TIME IS UP.

Surviving Warriors - 19

Fallen Warriors - 5

Rogues - 5

Deceased - 17

RIP
@Atsmai
@Flite
@Lavvie
@TimmyJake
@TriSARAHtops

Awards

The Soldier’s Sword - for making it through week VII.
@Arkhaion @AstralHunter @AdrianMoon @Auxiira @Buggiedude2340 @EnderFlash @Falconer @IronSpark @kayfortnight @Messenger @megsug @Meandbooks @Pompadour @QueenOfHearts @Soulkana @ScarlettFire @SpiritedWolfe @Tuesday @Tortwag

Outstanding Opening Line Award

Someone tapped Analia on the shoulder, jolting her back to reality.
- Meandbooks

’I Love That Line’ Award

It was then that a bright red flame burst into the sky over the waterfront, causing the entire group to turn and look.
- Messenger

Spirals of runes covered the sky over the southern most point of the Realm. It glittered against her senses and felt strongly of that man’s magick.
- Soulkana

Most Accomplished Challenger

ScarlettFire

Most Vivid Description

Evian could feel his heart throbbing in his chest, the sweat gathering along his hairline. Simon snored loudly in the corner, his flabby face firmly planted on his desk. Luin’s face was contorted with rage and the Office was lit up with colours, spectacular blazes of whites and yellows and blues.
- Pompadour

Week VIII Commences!

WHAT CARNAGE. I’m sad about those who have fallen but my support has doubled for those warriors still charging onwards!

“You must be fearless to travel on the journey of unknown.” - Lailah Gifty Akita
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:22 am
Evander says...

Come on, guys! (If you shouldn't be tagged, please tell me. Thanks!)
@Arkhaion, AstralHunter, Auxiira, Buggiedude2340, EnderFlash, @Falconer, @IronSpark, @kayfortnight, @lostthought, @Messenger, @megsug, @Pompadour, @Soulkana, @SpiritedWolfe, @ThePhoenix, @Tenyo, @Tortwag.

It's Saturday! We need those chapters written. :P

Broken hearts, falling skies. I can write you incredible things. Dramatic deaths, plot turning lies. You're the reader, and I'm your king.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

324 Reviews

Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:23 am
Evander says...

That odd moment when you don't tag some of the companions. D:

@AstralHunter, @Auxiira, @Buggiedude2340, @EnderFlash.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

347 Reviews

Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:03 am
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

TIME IS UP.

Surviving Warriors - 16

Fallen Warriors - 3

Rogues - 6

Deceased - 20

RIP
@Arkhaion
@Messenger
@Soulkana

Awards

The Dragon’s Scale - for making it through week VIII.
@AstralHunter @AdrianMoon @Auxiira @Buggiedude2340 @EnderFlash @Falconer @IronSpark @kayfortnight @megsug @Meandbooks @Pompadour @QueenOfHearts @ScarlettFire @SpiritedWolfe @Tuesday @Tortwag

My mother’s fingers drummed against the counter as her stare bore into me.
- SpiritedWolfe

’I Love That Line’ Award

Her worn hands would envelop mine and her eyes would look so sad.
- AdrianMoon

He coughed, the dust triggering his allergies as he waddled over to his backpack grabbing the flashlight.
- Tuesday

AstralHunter

Delightful Description

His shock of hair was dyed purple, but you could see the bright white, silky strands forcing their way through, forming a fringe.
- IronSpark

It was decorated with a dark teal and white stripes, with a tail-like structure sticking out of its rear parts, from which puffs of smokes were released in the air.
- Tortwag

Week IX Commences!

Another 3 bite the dust! I’m rooting for you warriors. Don’t let the number of rogues creep up past the number of warriors! WE BELIEVE IN YOU.

“Heroes take journeys, confront dragons, and discover the treasure of their true selves.” - Carol Pearson
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:10 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

My chapter is unedited and incomplete. How the heck did I manage to get another award.
*accepts the fact without question*

Well thanks for anyone that read through the ugliest chapter I ever produced, lol. I'll be sure to edit it properly today.

And... Good lord, we lost 3 more people! RIP everyone D:
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:20 pm
Soulkana says...

This is what I get for being drawn into the compulsion of this anime so much so I just watched, slept and ate xD Completely forgot about the challenge until this morning xD
May the gentle moon take you into peaceful dreams. May the mighty sun brighten your new days.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:56 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Soulkana Ohhhh! What was the Anime? :D
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

324 Reviews

Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:02 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

Heyo, everyone~

@AstralHunter, @Auxiira, @Buggiedude2340, @EnderFlash, @Falconer, @IronSpark, @kayfortnight, @lostthought, @megsug, @Meandbooks, @Pompadour, @ThePhoenix, @Tenyo, @Tuesday, @Tortwag.

I'll write what you want, fantastic stories for a month! Wait, the plot twist is a page awaaay~

You have until Sunday to post your chapter! Please. We here at the LMS Studios would highly advise you to post your chapters.

German rat enthusiast.

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:19 am
kayfortnight says...

I'm working on it, really!

(Actually, I started tonight...)
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

347 Reviews

Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:23 am
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

TIME IS UP.

Surviving Warriors - 14

Fallen Warriors - 2

Rogues - 7

Deceased - 22

RIP
@Tuesday
@megsug

Awards

The Elder’s Sceptre - for making it through week IX.
@AstralHunter @AdrianMoon @Auxiira @Buggiedude2340 @EnderFlash @Falconer @IronSpark @kayfortnight @Meandbooks @Pompadour @QueenOfHearts @ScarlettFire @SpiritedWolfe @Tortwag

My mother’s fingers drummed against the counter as her stare bore into me.
- AdrianMoon

’I Love That Line’ Award

Whispering around the corner came the image of love: a woman, swirled into a long warm coat and long, greying hair. Her mother had come. Behind her was her father, hands shoved deep into his coat pockets, lines of worry etched into his face.
- Falconer

he frowned- although it was more a gesture of self-chiding than external dislike- before smiling.
- EnderFlash

Lightsong

Delightful Description

The hallway was lit dimly with lyte-fixtures—it would be madness to have torches in a building made largely of wood—and the harsh shadows sweeping across the room looked even more menacing in the low light.
- Pompadour

The leopard print woman takes advantage of the free seats right away, crossing her arms and collapsing onto the cushions
- Buggiedude2340

Week X Commences!

14 warriors remain. Will they ride on in their separate adventures or will they succumb to the league of the Rogues? Time will tell.

“A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike.” - John Steinbeck

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:37 am
View Likes
Lightsong says...

*enters like a boss*

Thanks for the award. I deserve it.

*leaves like a boss*

;)
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:48 pm
View Likes
EnderFlash says...

Thank you for the prize!

Although, it's supposed to be "she", not "he" :P I think the quote missed the 's'.

Also, I guess this means to read more classics and learn more from that way of writing. To the library!

499 Reviews

Reviews: 499
Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:13 pm
View Likes
Que says...

:ooooooo Me? An award? Thank you to whoever read my chapter and nominated it. <3
Parlez-vous français?

Look closely. The beautiful may be small.
— Immanuel Kant, Philosopher