z

Young Writers Society

skipping school

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:27 am
hawk says...

i don't skip school with friends, if i ever do, it's always a particular class, and it's always by my self. i rarely do it, but its something that comes with being angry at things, at people. mainly, i guess, i do it because people think its weird.
"Meanwhile everyone wants to breathe and nobody can; and many say, 'We will breathe later.' And most of them don’t die because they are already dead." -- Graffiti of the events of May, Paris '68

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:18 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I used to skip P.E. I'd pretend to be ill or something to stay home, or have mum write me a not to get out of it. One time my boyfriend persuaded me to just not go to the lesson and to skip it with him. We skipped school together a couple of times, I wouldn't have done that if I wasn't with him. I'm less easily influenced now, but I resent him for that. He was an idiot. Sorry, I'm rambling.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:39 pm
Midnight says...

Before I went to my sixthform I did quite a lot. It was either because I hadn't done the work yet and was worried about it, I was having a hard time with friends or becuase I was with friends.

I'm a lot more organised and happy in sixthform so I tend to go in most days. Have a couple of itmes skipped school in sixthform(such as for Glastonbury last year) or for lessons I can't be bothered to go to. But far less often.
available

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:38 pm
Rei says...

My high school years were really depressing, so I skipped a lot. Not so much that I would end up failing my subjects. But I did enough to take a small break from certain people. I never actually faked being sick, but I have pretended to feel worse that I did so Mom would let me stay home.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:56 pm
Muse says...

i skipped school a couple of times when i was going out with this guy, but only for one class. If i skipped school for the whole day my school would find out, most definately.
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:59 pm
Nate says...

I was sick enough for the first eighteen years of my life that skipping would have been pointless. Whether it was because of my asthma or the problem with my eye, I missed like ten days every quarter.

Since my senior year of high-school, though, my health has improved a lot. Nowadays I'm absolutely sure that all my problems with asthma relate to stuff inside the house since whenever I'm outside or at college, I'm fine.

Here at college though... I never skip math classes, but as for any other subject, depends on what it is. I probably went to one out of every three classes for my American foreign policy class last semester since I wasn't learning anything in that class (I got an A), and there was a geology class that I took freshman year and only went to once every two weeks or something ridiculous like that (A again). So if it's a stupid class that I know I'm going to get a good grade in, I skip a lot. But if it's a class that I either enjoy (like the Shakespeare class I'm taking now) or a class where skipping just one means you may as well just drop the class (like any math class I've taken and for some economics classes), then I don't skip.

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:51 pm
Harley says...

i don't mind school. i'll like it tons better in May because we've chosen our subjects and i can ditch stuff like home economics and wood/metal work. We still have to do maths and PE and junk, but ill get extra history! :D

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:39 pm
Areida says...

One--Dad's a doctor, Mom's a nurse. Faking sick never worked.

Two--My school is so small that if I skipped everyone would worry about me and my teachers would call my parents to see where I was. Besides, my school's out on the loop..nowhere to skip to unless you can drive. Which I can't. (*counts down to October*)
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

akdsjfh you know that feeling where you start writing a scene but then you get bored with the scene so you move on and start writing a different scene and then you get bored with that scene so you move on to an entirely different WIP and then you get bored with that so you move on-
— AceassinOfTheMoon