z

Young Writers Society

NO RIP TYWC

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:35 pm
Ego says...

Don't forget it, but don't dwell on it either....
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:37 pm
Elizabeth says...

Ah yes, I guess that might be the issue I encountered for I just turned 13 recently before i joined. OK, well, I didn't know he had a wife and daughter, work I know but otherwise I was more clueless than anything.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:10 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

Yeah, so you don't expect him to be on and take care of the site when he has to work hours a day and take care of his daughter and get food and everything. Nobody should be mad at him, its his site, if he didn't make it we wouldn't be doing this in the first place. So if he doesn't want to take care of it, he can, and if you disagree you can make your own site and do what you want with it. And why are we talking about TYWC anyway? Its the last thing that we should do here, considering that everyone posting in this thread hates it, and David.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:15 pm
Elizabeth says...

:shrugs:
Agh well, there were a couple other things with him but that was about it.... ooh I ROBOT IS ON

418 Reviews

Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:28 pm

If everyone hates David, why do they talk about him? Thats confusing...

Random avatar

Reviews: 25
Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:21 pm
Bazoo says...

I don't hate TYWC, nor David.

Like I said; he is busy.

Matt Bellamy,
That might actually be a good idea. In fact, a group of people could take care of it.

But . . . I doubt David would agree to it, even if he responded. I'm not quite sure why; I just have a feeling he wouldn't.

Nate,
I remember reading a previous thread about TYWC. I knew Derya started the site, and you (or somebody else, not sure) said after a while she got tired of the site. So, what exactly DID happen?

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:30 pm
Emma says...

Well the problem is, I don't think he can be bothered to GET another person to take over him, I just think he's got bored of the site and has got better things to do than publishing stories.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:08 pm
Paolo says...

I haven't been active enough to know what the issue is, but from skimming through the posts I'll give my 2 cents:

As far as I know TYWC has suffered from inactivity by David for quite a while now (I think I joined sometime in 2000 and he was fairly inactive then). I guess I'm not one to speak since I was in charge of poems/short stories/TYWC classics and I dissapeared quite a bit myself, but it's nonetheless hard to keep a site running that the owner routinely neglects. Let's face it, too: besides the member base, which I frankly do not know how big it is nowadays, the website is by no means a work of art that cannot be replaced by a weekend of work from a decent coder. So, good memories or not, I don't see what the problem is :o

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Incandescence says...

If he doesn't want to take care of it any longer, he should rescind his site to someone who does.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:25 am
Nate says...

Bazoo wrote:Nate,
I remember reading a previous thread about TYWC. I knew Derya started the site, and you (or somebody else, not sure) said after a while she got tired of the site. So, what exactly DID happen?

What I know is that Derya, sometime in 2000, became sick of the site. It may have happened long before that (probably did since she hadn't been posting for a long time before that), but I remember her posting something along the lines of "I hate this club." The post was made on the chatwall and probably sometime in late 2000 (September to November). For a while, she did have another writing site that was for a select group of people, but I think that fizzled away.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:46 am
Emma says...

wow, she ain't very nice....

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:19 am
Shadow Knight says...

As far as i knew David's daughter's name was Derya. Ok i haven't ever talked to her. Anyways, stop talking about TYWC, Nate or one of the other moderators would kindly delete this thread.........
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:08 pm
Midnight says...

It's nice to remmeber it fondly I dislike this thread's name.
available

418 Reviews

Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:11 am

Shadow Knight wrote:As far as i knew David's daughter's name was Derya. Ok i haven't ever talked to her. Anyways, stop talking about TYWC, Nate or one of the other moderators would kindly delete this thread.........

Okay, I agree. Whoever else does say aye.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:24 am
Nate says...

This thread will not be locked or deleted.

To answer before listening—that is folly and shame.
— Proverbs 18:13