425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:14 am
Nate says...

The Sanctum Chronicle
Issue 1, Volume 1

http://sanctum.youngwriterssociety.com

Mine Collapse! Dozens Stunned!

Citizens from across Sanctum converged upon the mines earlier this week to remove stones that had collapsed due to one miner’s greed. Fifteen miners were trapped in the wreckage. All are in stable condition at the Healer’s Hut in Sanctum.

Just the latest in a series of embarrassing mine collapses, public outrage is deafening. “I don’t know who’s in charge around here,” Uhtred the Bard of Sanctum says, “But the government needs to hold a public inquiry into these so-called mine collapses.”

Many conjecture that the mine collapses are in fact caused by Lily, the owner of the mines. Whenever tragedy occurs, Lily sells ten times more pickaxes and helmets than normal. Lily had no comment for this story.

Werewolves: A Rising Menace?

The Sanctum Health and Safety Commission has issued a release stating that despite an increase in reports, Werewolves are in fact not real.

“There is no scientific basis for the so-called Werewolf,” Secretary Hidzonni said. “These reports are simply fabrications conjured from someone’s bored imagination.”

Townspeople say otherwise, however. “Werewolves aren’t real?” Nate the barkeep rhetorically pondered. “Excuse my French, but that’s total bull-feathers. I just served one a Mule Daniels yesterday. I remember because they usually tip well.”

Hundreds Arrive from Isle of Wen: Hunting a “Green” Dragon?

Long-time residents of Sanctum have been baffled by the 130 new residents that have recently arrived from the Isle of Wen only in the past couple of months.

“They say they’re hunting a green Dragon,” Llywen says. “Personally, I think Nate’s putting something in their ale.”

Other townspeople have different theories. “Have you seen the Matrix?” Deimos asks. “I think we’re living in it, and these are people from the outside world.”

None of the new residents could be reached for comment, although one muttered something about how a ‘Firestarter’ beat him with random historical references.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:14 am
Alteran says...

*falls to the ground in laughter*

I love it! And werewolves are so real.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:29 am
Rydia says...

That is awesome!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:09 pm
JabberHut says...

LOL!

That was awesome. :lol:

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:27 pm
gyrfalcon says...

Oh I love it! *rolls on the ground, choking with laughter* You should do one about "Uthred: Sanctum's No. 1 Ladies' Man." ;)
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:39 pm
Stori says...

That was great. :lol:
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

You are strong enough to conquer this day and the rest of your life.
— Tuckster