z

Young Writers Society

RIP TYWC.....?

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:58 pm
Klaus Von Spindler says...

Is TYWC really going to be shut down? Even though I have yelled and screamed at it , I will miss it. ( Until July 4 anyway. ) But for some reason, I cannot go into the chatwall. AT ALL. When I type in the URL, an error message comes up.
In the words of Tolkien is My Idol, "The bond of writers shall never be broken."
La la la- go have funnn!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:04 am
Nate says...

It's still working for me.

What happened was that someone came on and impersonated David, saying that the site would be shut down because of Gizmo and others. However, David has no such plans to shut down the site, but he is more than a little upset about everything that has been going on there recently.

TYWC is probably the oldest writing site on the web, and it looks like it'll continue for at least a few more years.

Random avatar

Reviews: 25
Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:02 am
Bazoo says...

Thanks for quoting me on that one. :)

I don't know . . . it seems like part of the problem of the site going downhill was because the members just gave up hope. I looked at an older topic about TYWC, and most of the posts were just them stating
"Well, it was getting old and there wasn't much intelligence, and it wasn't as great as it used to be, so I quit."
With no attempt to actually correct the problem (which could've been corrected). They were also the ones that made the site great; the members, but they decided to give up.

I am hoping TYWC will come back and rise to glory again one day, and although it is in inactivity right now, I still plan to be active there.

Oh, and the chatwall (or the site in general) does that every once in a while (gets an error), so don't worry, it'll be back up soon.

I do admit, however, that the net is pretty sad in some places. I can't believe how emotionless and inconsiderate Gizdork was. He basically stomped on that momentum TYWC was *about* to gain, forcing us to start over.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:24 am
Emma says...

there only a few people there, Im not really sure....

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Someone's gone on a HUGE posting spree so now there's loads of poems on TYWC waiting to be commented on. I commented on a few but I didn't have time to look at many. I still love TYWC, but it's not as good as it used to be.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:04 pm
PsyLynx says...

My feeling, as James T. Frugo, is that it's dead. Oh well. I like this site better, but I can't say that I didn't absolutely love TYWC, and that it didn't help me an immeasurable amount.
I think, though, that sites like this and maybe somehting like DeviantArt are killing it, and I think that it will fall. The idea of going through stuff before posting it unfortunately just doesn't work; the more popular the site is, the more clogged it gets.

yeah, I'll miss it, and yeah, I fear it's gone.

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:56 pm
Midnight says...

wow I wanna go comment...I will
available

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
— Neil Armstrong