z

Young Writers Society

Getting back into writing. :)

Reviews: 0
Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:18 pm
deecreative says...

Hi, all! Good afternoon. :)

I haven't been writing since I was twelve (I write fanfictions and also poetry that I forgot to mention in my welcoming post) But it's been awhile and I'm now that getting back to it, I want to ask if anyone can offer me tips? Thank you <3

Deanna J.

276 Reviews

Reviews: 276
Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:30 pm
View Likes
rosette says...

That's great that you're getting back into it!
Also: welcome to the site :D it's good to have you on board.
I can't really give you any tips (not like I'm big on them, anyway), because I don't know how you write. But if you go ahead and publish something, we'll be able to pick out anything you need to work on and then you'll probably receive some great tips.

But if you're really very curious, you could check out the Knowledge Base forum. I hear they've got some great stuff there. ;)
On earth I long to be like Him

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:39 pm
View Likes
deecreative says...

rosette wrote:That's great that you're getting back into it!
Also: welcome to the site :D it's good to have you on board.
I can't really give you any tips (not like I'm big on them, anyway), because I don't know how you write. But if you go ahead and publish something, we'll be able to pick out anything you need to work on and then you'll probably receive some great tips.

But if you're really very curious, you could check out the Knowledge Base forum. I hear they've got some great stuff there. ;)

Right?! :) And aww, that sucks. Sorry to hear that sweetie. But okay, I will! I would love to share some of my writing with everyone. That'll be great. -- And alright, I'll go check it out now. Thank you, Rosette! :D

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:03 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

What sort of tips are you looking for? How to find inspiration, how to improve, how to continue writing, etc? :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:39 pm
deecreative says...

Iggy wrote:What sort of tips are you looking for? How to find inspiration, how to improve, how to continue writing, etc? :)

Three of them: finding inspiration, how to improve & continuing to write. :)

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:01 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

deecreative wrote:
Iggy wrote:What sort of tips are you looking for? How to find inspiration, how to improve, how to continue writing, etc? :)

For inspiration, there's this post about coming up with story ideas and lots of people (myself included) have shared about how they come up with their story ideas. That might be a good place to start!

For how to improve, you're in the right place! When you feel ready, post something in the publishing center and let people review your work :) If you're nervous about letting people read your work, you can always put an author's note or something at the beginning to tell people what specifically you're looking for or asking people to be gentle. But, the best way to improve is to let people critique your work and then grow from those critiques.

For continuing to write, we have a lot of initiatives here on the site to help keep people motivated to write. One is a club called 100 words daily where people strive to, you guessed it, write 100 words every day.

You're definitely in the right place to get back into writing, and it's exciting that you want to get back into writing! Let me know if you'd like me to elaborate about anything I said or if you have any other specific questions :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:49 pm
View Likes
deecreative says...

Carlito wrote:
deecreative wrote:

For inspiration, there's this post about coming up with story ideas and lots of people (myself included) have shared about how they come up with their story ideas. That might be a good place to start!

For how to improve, you're in the right place! When you feel ready, post something in the publishing center and let people review your work :) If you're nervous about letting people read your work, you can always put an author's note or something at the beginning to tell people what specifically you're looking for or asking people to be gentle. But, the best way to improve is to let people critique your work and then grow from those critiques.

For continuing to write, we have a lot of initiatives here on the site to help keep people motivated to write. One is a club called 100 words daily where people strive to, you guessed it, write 100 words every day.

You're definitely in the right place to get back into writing, and it's exciting that you want to get back into writing! Let me know if you'd like me to elaborate about anything I said or if you have any other specific questions :)

Thank you so much for this! I make sure to join, doing it now :)
But alright! Will do.

Life's short; smile while you still have teeth.
— Tuesday