z

Young Writers Society

I Need Help!

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed May 21, 2008 11:18 pm
Jamie_rocks says...

I'm writing a horror story, and I need a love note as a huge part of it. Unfortunately, I'm clueless about romance and I have no idea what it should say. Any suggestions?
Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Thu May 22, 2008 4:49 pm
Kang227 says...

You're writing a horror story that requires a love note, but you don't know anything about romance.

The answer to this problem is...don't write the story. Stick to what you KNOW (or can fake convincingly).
Hey Daedalus, I'm Icarus. Do your thing, and for God's sake use something better than WAX this time.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu May 22, 2008 5:24 pm
Snoink says...

Jamie_rocks wrote:I'm writing a horror story, and I need a love note as a huge part of it. Unfortunately, I'm clueless about romance and I have no idea what it should say. Any suggestions?

Have the character read the love note and react to the love note. You don't have to put what's actually written down, usually, unless you're Jane Austen and can pull off that stuff.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

52 Reviews

Mon May 26, 2008 8:33 pm
Jamie_rocks says...

ok, thanks
Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:19 am
Ross says...

I think if it's supposed to be menacing, put something like: "I was in your house today..."

If it's supposed to be reassuring, do something like this: "I hope to see you again for coffee. But let's have it away from your place..."

You need something to have that 'ahhhhh' vibe. Same for the previous example--you need something like 'oh, [bleep] what happened?' or 'uh-oh!'

Hope this helps!

DW_19
And we'll be a dream...

"Dee Dubbleyou." - BigBadBear

52 Reviews

Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:44 am
Jamie_rocks says...

Okay thanks.

Actually, it's a note written from an admirer that just revealed herself.

But that helps. Thanks!

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:27 am
ButterFlyInk says...

You could try watching the notebook and see if you get any ideas. I know this isn't as helpful but its all I can offer. ( I don't know romance either :P)
["DD:why are you wearing 2 hats? GM: because i have 2 hats!" XD ]

"my mind isn't working properly..and so my fingers are following the trend." ~ Me

Reviews: 4
Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:50 am
Spiritree says...

I agree that you should stick to what you know, but certainly you must know a bit of romance. Just imagine what you might write to the person you admire. That will help make it sound genuine and realistic. And you can always get friends to read it and let you know whether it sounds contrived or has too many cliches...

Good luck!

I’ll marry the finest banana in the galaxy for you.
— Tuckster