z

Young Writers Society

Hello

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:45 am
Buddy. says...

Hello, my name is Buddy and i am new here. I've read the rules and critiqued two stories so i think it is about time i posted my own.

I just wanted to say hello before i really got cracking and was wondering if there were any other staple-rules i need to and/or should adhere to if any are unspoken.

Thanks, Buddy.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:16 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Buddy and welcome to YWS!

Since you seem pretty good with the rules, I'll tell you about a few fun things you can do while you're here. You can visit the YWS Chat, where you can meet other writers and make friends! You can get there from the main page. You can also join groups when you click the big 'Groups' button on the header. It's lots of fun, because you can join groups based off of your interests. There's a Debate group, and others that you might like. Making your own blog is also a plus on YWS! Hit the 'Blogs' button and you can view other writer's blogs and make your own. There's a lot more to YWS than the Literature forums, as you can see.

Also, if you'd like a review done by one of our many talented Insructors, please contact one from this thread:

topic50895.html

If you have a question, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:32 pm
peanut19 says...

Hi Buddy, welcome to our crazy YWS family. I'm peanut, *shakes hand* nice to meet you. Selene's told you lots about the site, the rules and other things. She is blue as you may have noticed she is a greeter. There are other colors too.

Black- regular members like you and me.
Blue- greeters like Selene who well greet the new members.
Purple- instructors, they help with reviewing, if you need a review you can click Selene's link and find an instructor.
Light Green- junior moderators (JMs) they help in particular forums.
Dark Green- moderators (mods) they control all forums.
Red- administrators they make sure YWS runs smoothly. They are Mesh, Nate, and Firestarter, Nate is the creator of YWS.
Orange- distinguished members, they are retired Mods.

Hope to see you around
~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:50 pm
Mira says...

Hi, Buddy! Welcome to the awesome world of YWS!

I'm super excited to meet you. ^-^ So, I have a few questions for you. Hope you don't mind. :)

~ What's your favorite color?

~ What's your favorite genre of literature? Fave author?

~ What type of music do you like?

~ If you could be any animal, which one would you be?

;) I hope you're having fun around the site. If you need anything, just PM me.

Smiles!
~Mira
"Smiles make the world go round." ~ Me

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:54 pm
fairygirl says...

Hiya Buddy!! I've only been on for one day, and I am really liking it here. everybody is really friendly and helpful. it's a fun site!! So what kind of writing do you do? I've only posted one Romantic Fiction, 'Outlaw' and sadly, no one has looked into it, but my older sister just told me to wait and see! ;) I'd ask you more questions, but it looks like Mira covered most of 'em! haha, have fun on YWS! See ya around!
~*~fairygirl~*~
“"Up is down"? Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful.”
~Jack Sparrow, At Worlds End

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:54 pm
Buddy. says...

Oh god, sorry i've been busy as hell recently but i'll give these answers a crack i guess. Apparently i need to be more 'active' if not i won't get reviews, the politics, the politics.

Ok here goes it:

What's your favorite color?

My favourite colour..ahh, i have no idea. Really, maybe eye colour because they're usually an amalgamation of a few.

What's your favorite genre of literature? Fave author?

I'm a big fan of 'other fiction' as it would be called on this site. I like Kafka, Fitzgerald, Hemingway, Tolstoy, Salinger, Orwell, O. Henry, Chekhov, Flaubert, Wilde..

What type of music do you like?

Ahh jesus i have a pretty wide range. I like soft rock, i like jazz, i like blues, i like some hip-hop, i like aaaaaaaaaah, some harder rock i guess.

If you could be any animal, which one would you be?

Animal wise? Sheesh you know, i wouldn't mind. They all rely on instinct so any would be fine. I don't think any would think too much.

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
— Jules de Gaultier