z

Young Writers Society

Hi people

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:00 pm
Lone~Wolf says...

Well, not sure what else to say except Hi, I write on and off have been doing so since high school at the age of 16, hoping to post some of my stuff up for checking out, I'm not much of a writer in my mind it's more of an outlet to deal with things in life then something I'd professionally pursue none the less I hope some people like it, nice to meet you all.

Random avatar

Reviews: 150
Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:10 pm
200397 says...

Hey, Lone Wolf! :smt039 I'm Sunny, and welcome to YWS! Be careful, this place can be addictive. :wink:

Well, there are some rules at YWS that are pretty much the basic you need to know, and if you break them, the mods (moderators, light and dark green people) will eat you alive! :lol: Just kidding, they won't. Everyone is nice here, especially to newbies.

Okay, rules:

1) We have a 2:1 ratio, which means that for every story or poem or lyric or whatever you post, you must do two reviews for other people. Basically a review is more then three lines and it doesn't consist of "This was great, you rock, you're the best! etc.

2) NO CHAT SPEAK OR CAPS! Like that. Don't do that. :) It makes things hard to read, and plus we are a writing community, so we shun with all possible energy chat speak and other modified versions of real writing. :)

And 3) Please rate your work. For example, if you have excessive swearing or sensual content, you should always rate it R, for those of us who don't care to read that stuff. Everything else is PG-13, PG, G, or no rating. Better safe than sorry. :)

Well, now, about you. What are your likes? Music, food, books, movies? *huh huh huh?* :D Do you play sports, or a musical instrument? We're kinda nosy here, but you'll learn to love it. :wink:

~Sunny

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:30 pm
Carlito says...

Hey lone-wolf, welcome to YWS! :D

Have you seen the Groups yet? If not, they're definitely worth checking out. There are about a million of them so you're bound to find some that you like and want to join. I would really recommend joining a couple. It's a great way to make some fast friends cause you'll be chatting with people that have really similar interest as you. :)

So now for some really hard questions. Prepare yourself.
What's your favorite genre to read/write? If you could see one singer/band in concert and then hang out with them for an hour afterwords, who would you see? What's your favorite kind of pie? What's your favorite kind of ice cream? If you could have any superpower, what would you choose and why?

I hope you have a great time here and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:02 pm
Merlin34 says...

They said everything, so there is no point in me repeating it. But have another welcome. Don't spend it all in one place.

And awesome username. Lone~Wolf. I love it.
http://maxhelmberger.com/
Advice on writing, funny articles, and more.

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:09 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hi Lone~Wolf I am SimonCowellLuver :D You can call me SCL or just Simon doesn't really matter. So there are a few rules you need to know.

1. DON'T TALK LIKE THIS Very annoying because its for yelling and its harder to read.

2. There are guidelines for posting your work. it is under the writing section.

If you ever need anything for example questions/concerns. Feel free to pm me anytime.

See you around 8)

SimonCowellLuver
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground.
— The Bee Movie