z

Young Writers Society

Hi there, I'm new.

Reviews: 1
Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:43 am
janecampbell101 says...

Hi there. I'm Jane. :) I'm a budding young author and want to introduce myself. I love animals (aprt from bugs and spiders) and my favourite animal is the horse. I want to be an actress and author. I also love drama. 8)
wee jane campbell

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:55 pm
Shauni says...

Hi there Jane! Welcome to the YWS!
Pleasure to have you here and I hope you get along just fine!

I love animals too. They are so natural and they live in peace with the planet. I really admire them. Sometimes, pets, can be more human than some humans. I loved horses when I was a kid, I still do but when I was little I thought that I could travel the world alone with a horse and live happily forever after with my horse and my boyfriend( who'd be a horse lover too). I was 6. It was sad.
Why does everyone hate bugs and spiders? I do to... They have to much legs and hairs....

*moving on*

Acting is a blast for me. I makes me run out of stress which is good. I hope you can succeed in the area but you have to work hard.

YWS has a few simple basic rules that you must know:

---> No caps and/or capitalized words.

---> Keep a 2:1 ratio. Make sure you review two works before you post something of your own on the Literary Forums.

---> Rate your works accordly. If they have any f-word and/or sexual content, please rate it R.

That's it for the rules. But, what about you?

Which are your favourite authors?
Cookies or ice-cream?
Any favourite music genre?

Have fun and I hope to see you around, giving YWS a bit of friendly drama ;)!
PM me if you need anything.

Best wishes

Shauni^^

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:09 pm
bludragon525 says...

Hey Jane!!! Welcome to the wacky world of YWS!!!!!

I love animals and drama. I'm afraid I'm not that good of an actor though..... :oops: I'm way too shy to ever be an actor.

So, I guess I'll talk about the colored names. Have you noticed the YWS rainbow yet?

Green: Mods
Blue: Greeters
Purple: Instructors (they're the ones you want if you need something critiqued)
Red: Administrators

That's about it. I never quite figured out what orange means.......

On to the hard questions.....
Favorite books? Favorite colors? If you could be anything in the universe (this includes animals) what would you be? Hobbies besides writing and acting?

If you need anything, feel free to PM me!

See ya around

zOe :smt043
Help! I can't remember if I'm the evil twin or the good one!

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:19 pm
Carlito says...

Hey Jane, welcome to YWS! :D

Does anyone like bugs and spiders? Really. I find no use for them. I hate them all :)
I like horses too. I think dogs, lions, and octopuses are a three way tie for my favorite animal, (wow, what a combination :)), but I like riding horses. Do you ride a lot?
Hmmm...an actress and an author. Hey, you could be like Tina Fey! She's an actress and a writer :D
Now when you say drama....do you mean like plays and stuff or like 'OMG she said my outfit was ugly yesterday. I'm not talking to her for a week!' (Actual fight my friends had :D) I'm pretty sure it's the first thing, am I right? :D

So have you seen the Groups yet? If not, they're worth checking out. There are about a million so you're bound to find some that interest you. They're a really good way to make some fast friends because you'll be talking with people that have similar interests as you. :)

Now the really hard question time....
What's your favorite genre to read/write? What kind of music do you listen to? What's your favorite Shakesperian play? (Hmmm...that one was slightly random...I've never asked that before. :)) What's your favorite kind of ice cream? If you were a shoe, what kind of shoe would you be and why? If you were a marine biologist, what animal would you study and why?

I hope you have a great time here and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:19 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Spiders... I don't hate them, but keep those eight-legged hairy things away from me.

Hi! *waves frantically* I'm Kat, nice to meet you.
Shauni has already mentioned the rules, but there are some more you should be aware of, so check them here.

So, now some suggestions!

-------> Check the Groups! There you ill find many different groups of many different themes. You can meet people that have the same interests as you, and talk about that theme.

-------> Check out the YWS Chat! :smt024 You can check who's in the Chat and get into the Chat on two different places: in your YWS (you can access it from the big button at the top of the page that says 'My YWS') and on the Home page.

-------> Get a mentor! YWS has it's on helping programme. Check The Buddy System you can choose any mention that pleasures your eye.

-------> Have fun! :smt003 The base existence of YWS is to help you improve your writing, meet other people and to have fun!

Now, tell us more about you!
Why do you like horses? I like horses because they resemble something sweet but free and determinate ;)
Have you been on a play or something else to show off your acting?

If you need anything, feel free to PM me!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

I'm officially making it my goal in life to become a roomba. I want to be little robot. I want knives taped to me. I want to be free.
— TheMulticoloredCyr