z

Young Writers Society

Another new person

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:38 pm
jenna xo says...

Hi! I'm Jenna, and I started this to meet new people on the site. Please reply! :)

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:26 am
Carlito says...

Hey Jenna, welcome to YWS! :D

(Wow, I'm first to respond! I'm never first to respond :))

If you haven't already, I'd recommend reading the Rules. Yeah, it's long and boring, but it'll gives a lot of good info on the site and it'll keep the mods off your back. :) (They're actually really nice.)
The main things to remember are:
*2:1 ratio -> We like to keep a 2:1 ratio on reviews to stories. So for everything you submit for review, we just ask that you review at least two things first.
*No chat speak -> We want to keep this site sophisticated, so try to use proper English. Remember to capitalize the start of sentences and don't talk lIkE tHiS. :)
Pretty easy, huh?

Well, Jenna, everyone is really nice here so I don't think you have any problems making friends. :)
Tell us a little more about yourself.
What's your favorite genre to read/write? Who's your favorite author? What kind of music do you listen to? What's your favorite kind of cookie? If you could be any piece of furniture, what kind of furniture would you be and why?

I hope you have a great time here and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:59 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

Heyy Jenna. Welcomee to the lovely YWS.
I'm sure you'll like it.
PM me sometime hon.

-Jade.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:07 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Welcome to YWS. If you ever need anything, feel free to pm me.

see ya around

NM
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:49 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Hey Jenna! Welcome to YWS!

So tell a bit, nay, a lot more about yourself. What kind of stuff are you into. I hope you enjoy YWS. And along with making friends, YWS helps you improve your writing. Be sure to check the guides and rules if you haven't already. If you have questions or concerns feel free to PM me.

See you around!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Hey Jenna ^^ Welcome to YWS! I'm Shina, another one of those blue-titled people known as greeters. It is my job and my pleasure to greet the news of YWS xD

Meeting new people will be easy-peasy lemon squeasy with this site! Just jump in and get out there! Be active! Participate! Join a group, post in your blog, post in other people's blogs, sign guestbooks, send out friend requests, review, and just post post post!

My advice:

Don't take all reviews to heart. YWS instructors (the purple people) will shred your work apart, no doubt =_= It's all in the hope that you'll learn and improve, though! Take their advice and apply it to your work. You'll become 10 times better with this site, no kidding! Just be active :D

-Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:12 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Hey there Jenna. I'm The.Dreamwalker but most people just call me dreamwalker or DW or even TDW but you can call me whatever you like :D. It's a pleasure to meet you.

I'm sure you're probably curious about the coloured names. I can explain that for you :D.

Blue: Greeters
Purple: Instructors
Light Green/Green: Junior Moderators/Moderators
Red: Administrators
Orange: Distinguished members

Okay so the blue's, like me, are the greeters :D. We make sure you understand YWS and all it's rule's while helping answer any questions you may have towards the site. Basically a helpful hand ^_^

Then theres the purps. They are our instructors. They review, review, review, and when you think they couldn't possibly review anymore they keep on reviewing. They are awesome when you need help with your stories.

The Light Green's and Green's are our moderators and Juniour Mod's. They make sure the website is running smooth as silk.

The Red's are our Admins. Basically the people who continue to update and create the lovely site. Nate is our YWS God XD. He basically created the site originally so we all love him ^_^

Then there's the Oranges. They are basically retired mod's who sort of keep a little resposibility. They usually aren't on the site as much as before but they are still members and are very good at reviewing.

Thats about all :D

~The.Dreamwalker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:32 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Welcome, welcome!

You picked a great place. Everyone on this site is very friendly and welcoming. We have something for pretty much anyone. If you're looking to find people you share common interests with, then there are many groups you can join (as many as you want, even!). They love having new members. ^_^ There are also different forums for whatever style of writing you enjoy (even fanfiction and roleplaying). Just check out 'Groups' or 'Writing-->Read and Review' in the lovely header at the top of the screen. Or for just talking and meeting people, you can check out the Community forums (also available in the header)

You've already been told about the 2:1 rule on reviews and submissions, so I won't give it to you again. But feel free to comment as much as you like. It's also a great way to make friends and get people to review your work. :wink:

If you have any questions or need a friends, feel free to PM me anytime.

*gives coupon for one free review*

Have fun!

^_^ Keek
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

Be the annoying goose you want to see in the world.
— Welcome to Night Vale