z

Young Writers Society

Click here and you will get a million dollars*

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:43 pm
crazycarli says...

Hello to everyone who I'm presuming are human, unless there are some very smart monkeys out there. I'm new, I'm fourteen, I'm fun (: I wanna make friends here so chat me up.

carli (aka the BEST person you will ever know).

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:38 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Oh man! Carli, I really wanted a million dollars. :P

Helloooo, dear! I'm Kat, nice to meet you, and welcome aboard YWS!

Oh, dear, you sound so modest xD You're fun? Nice. I know some pretty boring people --'

Anyway, I have to give you a brief on the rules, so let's just get that over with.
We have three major rules here.

1. Keep the 2:1 ratio. That means that for every post you make on the Literature forums (stories, poems, etc) you have to make two reviews to some other work. A review has to be 250 characters long (about three lines) to count.

2. Rate your work. Rated works will appear on the Home page, but rate R won't. What's a rated R post, you ask? You should rate your things R when they have rough language (the f-word immediately gains an R) or/and adult scenes.

3. No chat speak (things like MC, POV and the old lol are allowed) and try to keep your capitalizing to a minimal.

Now, tell us more about yourself! What are you hobbies? What do you normally eat for breakfast? <--- I'm not a stalker, I swear xD

See you around, and if you need anything just PM me!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

Random avatar

Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:07 am
crazycarli says...

Um I like writing, obviously and reading and I like playing soccer and swimming too. And most of the time I eat cereal for breakfast, with the occasional poptart or two. (:

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:01 pm
Kaylyn says...

Hehe, Welcome to the insane asylum *cough* I mean YWS!
It's great to know that your boring and enjoy writing. It seems as if *writwatiwant* covered all the rules just about it. So I'll go over the color system:
The Light Blues, like me, are greeters. And they greet people.
The Purples ones, are instructors, and they can help you out.
Orange ones, are distingushed members.
The green ones are moderators.
And thats about most of them. :) So, if you need anyone to help you out with your work or want a review, or just wanna chat, PM me. I'll be happy to help you out.
See ya 'round the forums!
~Kaylyn
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:46 pm
Carlito says...

Hey Carli, welcome to YWS! :D

OH MY GOSH! MY NAME IS CARLY TOO! :D

Now that that's out of the way....
(Everyone's already covered the important stuff so I'll just skip to the really hard Q & A)
What's your favorite genre to read/write? What kind of music do you listen to? What's your favorite movie? What's your favorite kind of cookie? If you could be a marine biologist, what animal would you study and why?

I hope you have a great time here and YWS, and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

Random avatar

Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:27 pm
crazycarli says...

To Kaylyn:
Kaylyn wrote:It's great to know that your boring and enjoy writing.
~Kaylyn

Could you explain to me where I said I'm boring?

To Carly: I mostly like writing realistic fiction and I read whatever books look good, but I'm not into things like Lord of the Rings or those Brian Jughes (or however you spell his name) talking animal books. Lately I've been reading Jane Austen books. I listen to a lot of different types of music, excluding metal, heavy metal, and basically anything that the singer should actually be called a screamer. My favorite movie right now, I think is Seven Pounds, with Will Smith in it. My favorite cookie I'd have to say is macadamian nut. And I really have no idea what I would study because I've never really thought about it.

Carli (:

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:17 pm
niteowl says...

Hi Carli! Just for the record, our awesome admin Nate is a chimp, so there are some pretty smart monkeys out there. Plus I have an awesome gift-giving robot. Speaking of which...Charlie, come give Carly a gift!

AW, DO I HAVE TO? I'M WATCHING A REALLY AWESOME VIDEO ON THIS YOUTUBE THING I JUST DISCOVERED! I WANNA GO TO CANDY MOUNTAIN...

Charlie, come on, you can watch that later! We need to greet a new user!

OKAY OKAY FINE! WELCOME TO YWS CARLI, HERE'S YOUR GIFT YADA YADA YADA! OOH LOOK IT'S A LEOPLURODON! SWEET! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt007 :smt004 :smt026 :smt024 :smt016 :smt021 :smt020 :smt027 :smt031 :smt041 :smt059 :smt068 :smt072 :smt064 :smt077 :smt114 :smt084 :smt109 :smt101 :smt083 :smt116 :smt115 :pirate1: :ftw: :smt035

PS: Sorry about Charlie. He's my cheesy announcer robot, and he's not too happy about me having time to bombard newbies with smilies again. He was enjoying his vacation...Anyway, have fun with YWS and if you need anything, go ahead and PM me!
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:35 pm
Merlin34 says...

Where's my money? :evil:

Yeah, kidding. I'm 14, and pretty fun too.

There isn't much that I need to say other than welcome, these guys and girls seem to have got it all covered, and I don't like repeating what others have said. When I'm greeted on forums by 50 people copying and pasting the rule list... yeah, that's not fun.

Welcome to YWS! :D

And niteowl, "LEOPLURODON" should be "LIOPLURODON", assuming you mean the giant reptile. I want one of those. :D

Reviews: 1
Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:38 am
SPEW says...

Hello Carli! I know for a fact that you aren't boring. I have derived a mathematical formula proving that, in fact, you like crocodiles, lasagna, and fried cheese, which is obviously not boring. My math might be a little off, of course, but I am sure that, if you saw the proof, you would start liking crocodiles, lasagna, and friend cheese. Coincidentally, that study is what I spent a million dollars on. I am hoping that, in fact, the million dollars you offered is still available to be redeemed by your respective welcomers.

I also want to assure you that, if I actually existed (which I don't) I would be a very smart monkey. However, I don't exist so the point is moot.

In any case, welcome to YWS! I hope you have fun and get really harsh critiques that are incredibly helpful and inspire you to further write. I also hope you will give out these really harsh critiques that are incredibly helpful so you inspire others to write.

Have fun, and remember. Just because there are free donuts in the rules page doesn't mean you should eat them all.

--SPEW
We don't exist.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:01 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

Hi, and welceome. I'm Jade.
hiitmeupsometiime.
PM button's right down there \/
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:06 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Welcome to YWS. If you ever need anything, feel free to pm me.

see ya around

NM
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

I am not a person I am a natural disaster
— TheWordsOfWolf