z

Young Writers Society

Hello.

Random avatar

Reviews: 11
Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 am
Exialac says...

Hello.Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me.Is there anyone home? Relax.You need some information first.Just the basic/random facts:

My name is Alex. I don’t know how else to start. Wow this sounds really cliché and predictable thus far. There should be a fill-in-the-blank template for introductions by now. Meh.
Anyway, I’m currently 17 and I love anything that has to do with art. I’m effusively passionate about art, English literature, cinematography and music. The pen and paper, my daily reprieve from the tasteless/harsh reality of life. With every kaleidoscopic thought brought to life, it brings forth a new rush of adrenaline, erasing all other commitments, halting monotony and despondency. I’m instantly hooked. My dealer? Ironically…life.
My favorite colors have a cold overtone to them ( Think purple. Think blue.), don’t let that deter you from making friends with me! I’m an extremely amiable and amicable person, who revels in euphoria. I can be approached for absolutely anything at any hour of the day ( I'm actually an insomniac). …well err not everything... depending on the situation As you can tell, I’m also a Pink Floyd fan (more or less, I have extremely rabidly short obsessions.), but I listen to all genres of music, as long as it’s lyrically and musically potent.
Well since its a writing forum, I feel inclined to share my writing/writing style. Well to sum it up, I've been told that I'm a great/passionate writer and that my writing has great flow to it. I'm pretty sure, you will think otherwise as far as first impression goes. This entry is really random...
I have no aspirations. I think I’ll malinger on in life.
Here's my little pseudo 21 questions/bore you to tears with my life story entry. ^^
Nostalgia is like a grammar lesson. You find the present tense and the past perfect.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:39 am
WaterVyper says...

*nods* Welcome to YWS, Alex!

Anything to do with arts? That sounds great. It looks like you're going to enjoy it here. We have a section of the Literature forums for art and photography, lyrics, and scripts, and of course, writing, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Now, I have to get on with the rules. Here on YWS, we have a fewrules that need to be followed. I'll start by giving a small introduction of some of them.

1. Keep the 2:1 review ratio. That means you have to review at least two works before posting one of your own. It ensures that everyone gets a review, so nobody is left out. The more in-depth your review, the better your own writing gets. Also, if you review someone's work, they're going to be more likely to review yours.

2. Write properly. That means no using net/chatspeak, using proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. This will lessen the chance of misunderstandings, so everything will go smoother.

3. Rate your works properly. If they contain graphic scenes and/or the f-word, then they should be rated R. Rating works helps people know what to expect, and rated works (except those rated R) will show up on the front page. On a related note, please keep all swearing confined to the literature forms.

There we go. Now, why don't you tell us more? What do you like to write, poetry or prose, or both? What genre? What are your hobbies? Anything else you'd like to say about yourself?

Welcome to the site, Alex! I hope to see you around sometime. You sound like a very nice and interesting person. Well, if you need anything, feel free to PM me. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:13 am
Meep(: says...

*nods* Hey Alex!
Welcome to YWS ^^
Kudos to WaterVyper for the intro :D

Anyway, I'm here to unravel the mystery of the coloured usernames! :D
Grey - The normal(ly awesome) members of YWS! They are just as important as those of other colours :D
Blue - Greeters! Like WaterVyper and I :D As the name suggests, we do our best to make new members feel welcome in our family.
Purple - Instructors! They help you out with posting your writing and stuff. They'll give you tips on how to improve your writing, and if you're nice, they'll even help review your works :D
Light Green - Junior Moderators! They assist the Mods :)
Dark Green - Moderators! Mods for short. They assist the Admins and take care of the forums, making sure that we behave ;)
Red - Administrators! They oversee just about everything that goes on in YWS. We've got 3 of 'em: Nate, who created YWS, as well as Firestarter & Meshugenah :)
Orange - Distinguished members! Retired Mods ;)

Whoa, we'd get along just fine!
Music, Art, Literature and of course, Writing are some of my favourite things in the world.
Like you, my music taste is versatile XD
Do check out our newly refurbished YWS chat. You can familiarise yourself with other people there!
Also, since you're a fellow art aficionado, we actually have an "Art & Photography" forum, where you can post your art and photos! :D

Anyhoodledoodle, if you've still got any questions, don't hesitate to PM me.
I hope to see you around and have a fantastic day! :D
~Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:32 am
niteowl says...

*nods* Welcome Exialac! Gotta say I enjoyed reading your intro and your avatar's pretty sweet as well (okay, I know next to nothing about Pink Floyd but I like shiny animated things). And I'm an insomniac as well. Case in point: it's after 6 am here and I haven't slept since 12:30 yesterday afternoon. Luckily I'm on summer break and I don't work for a few days so I have nothing to do.

Anyway, enough about me, let's hand it over to Charlie who has your gift.

EXIALAC! HEY DIDN'T I GET A PRESCRIPTION FOR THAT LAST WEEK? SINCE WHEN DID MEDICINES JOIN THE YOUNG WRITER'S SOCIETY?

Um, Charlie, it's just his username. It's not a drug...I don't think so, anyway. :P Just call him Alex if that's less medicine-sounding.

OKAYYYYY ALEX! ANYWAY, WELCOME TO YWS AND HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt007 :smt004 :smt026 :smt024 :smt016 :smt021 :smt020 :smt027 :smt031 :smt041 :smt059 :smt068 :smt072 :smt064 :smt077 :smt114 :smt084 :smt109 :smt101 :smt083 :smt116 :smt115 :pirate1: :ftw: :smt035
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:28 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hi Alex and welcome to YWS! I like your little intro ^^ and now I'm curious as to how you write. I'd love to read sometime.

Anywayz, YWS has some great groups you can join! You can join YWS groups based off of personal interests and have lots of fun exploring new things. Just hit the 'Groups' button at the top of the page and you can glimpse through the YWS groups.

If you have any questions, would like me to review your work, or want to talk, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:11 pm
deleted_5 says...

Hey Alex and welcome to YWS. My name is Lucy Pennykettle, but you can call me Lucy, Luce, or Bridget.

So, whenever you post something in the Lit. Forums, you get points for it. For every character you write, (commas, periods, and so on) you get 0.2 points for it. You get a maximum amount of 50. We use points for if we want to do contests, donations, or every month if you have so many points out of the 5 top amount of points, you get recognised as one of the top five points users.

Also, speaking of contests, these are particularly fun. If you want to see how creative people are, you can host a contest. Choose a subject, like, trees, fantasy places, Twilight, and have people write about them. They can be so creative. But, you do have to have a reward for them. (At least, the top three) So you can do like certain amount of points and some reviews you do for them. I would suggest that you do a few contests yourself before you do an actual one.

So yeah, that's all I'm going to say. Have a great time on YWS and I hope to see you around. If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to PM me.

*Lucy*
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. I also hate being on television, I hate it as much as people hate chocolate. But they always want chocolate.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:33 pm
Carlito says...

Hey Alex, welcome to YWS! :D

Dang, I like your writing style. It's like thick and rich, but also really flowy. :)

So what's your favorite genre to write it/read? Who's your favorite author? What other music do you like other than Pink Floyd? What's your favorite movie? If you could be any kind of method of transportation (anything from ATV to poko-stick) what would you be and why? What's your favorite kind of ice cream?

I hope you have a great time here and if you have any questions or need anything,feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

Random avatar

Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:22 pm
Exialac says...

Wow nice friendly welcome. Well to answer your questions and concerns...

Literature forums for art and photography, lyrics, and scripts, and of course, writing, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Already did. Thank you.

Whoa, we'd get along just fine!
Music, Art, Literature and of course, Writing are some of my favourite things in the world.
Like you, my music taste is versatile XD

I get along with everyone :)

Hi Alex and welcome to YWS! I like your little intro ^^ and now I'm curious as to how you write. I'd love to read sometime.

Thanks. Selene...thats a nice name. I'm not going to write anything untill exams are over...lol
My name is Lucy Pennykettle, but you can call me Lucy, Luce, or Bridget.

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds...

nods* Welcome Exialac! Gotta say I enjoyed reading your intro and your avatar's pretty sweet as well (okay, I know next to nothing about Pink Floyd but I like shiny animated things). And I'm an insomniac as well. Case in point: it's after 6 am here and I haven't slept since 12:30 yesterday afternoon. Luckily I'm on summer break and I don't work for a few days so I have nothing to do.

Anyway, enough about me, let's hand it over to Charlie who has your gift.

EXIALAC! HEY DIDN'T I GET A PRESCRIPTION FOR THAT LAST WEEK? SINCE WHEN DID MEDICINES JOIN THE YOUNG WRITER'S SOCIETY?

Um, Charlie, it's just his username. It's not a drug...I don't think so, anyway. Just call him Alex if that's less medicine-sounding.

OKAYYYYY ALEX! ANYWAY, WELCOME TO YWS AND...

Hahah. I like my avatar too. I wrote that at 4 am EST. Exialac is not a drug but I can be addicting and you may be dependant on me for Exialac induced euphoria :). Exialac is a pseudo anagram of my name. :)
Dang, I like your writing style. It's like thick and rich, but also really flowy.
So what's your favorite genre to write it/read? Who's your favorite author? What other music do you like other than Pink Floyd? What's your favorite movie? If you could be any kind of method of transportation (anything from ATV to poko-stick) what would you be and why? What's your favorite kind of ice cream?

Thank you. I think you were just hungry when you wrote that. You make my writing sound like a chocolate milkshake. My favorite genre to read is Sci-Fiction and my favorite genre to write is despotic fiction. I like other classic rock bands (Queen, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Deep Purple etc), alt rock bands (Flaming Lips, Belle and Sebastain, the Decemberists etc) and alt hiphop/oldschool/ undergound hiphop (Sage Francis, Nas, Ice cube). I would be a cloud... My favorite kind of ice cream is rocky road, vanilla or cookie dough flavored ice cream...
Nostalgia is like a grammar lesson. You find the present tense and the past perfect.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:59 am
Angels-Symphony says...

Welcome to YWS Alex ^^ I'm Shina, another one of those blue-titled people known as greeters! It is my job as well as my pleasure to greet the new members :D

Whoa, it looks like everyone got to you @_@ I'm late. But they only covered the technical stuff, so I'll give you the basics:

Don't take all reviews to heart. No matter how great of a writer you are, there is always something you can gain from YWS. The instructors will probably shred your work to pieces, but it's all in hope that you'll improve and learn from the experience. Don't be upset if your first pieces are bashed xD That's usually the case until you learn the ropes around here.

When someone signs your guestbook, sign theirs back. It's nice and polite.

Just go and jump in! The best way to jumpstart is to go join in whatever's going on. Join a group, get in chat, post some work, and so on.

I really like your intro ^^ Very nice. I think you'll do well here, as long as you're a dedicated member ;P

Have Fun and Good Luck
-Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

Random avatar

Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:42 am
Exialac says...

angels-symphony wrote:Welcome to YWS Alex ^^ I'm Shina, another one of those blue-titled people known as greeters! It is my job as well as my pleasure to greet the new members :D

Whoa, it looks like everyone got to you @_@ I'm late. But they only covered the technical stuff, so I'll give you the basics:

Don't take all reviews to heart. No matter how great of a writer you are, there is always something you can gain from YWS. The instructors will probably shred your work to pieces, but it's all in hope that you'll improve and learn from the experience. Don't be upset if your first pieces are bashed xD That's usually the case until you learn the ropes around here.

When someone signs your guestbook, sign theirs back. It's nice and polite.

Just go and jump in! The best way to jumpstart is to go join in whatever's going on. Join a group, get in chat, post some work, and so on.

I really like your intro ^^ Very nice. I think you'll do well here, as long as you're a dedicated member ;P

Have Fun and Good Luck
-Shina

Shina. Thats such a beautiful name. It smoothly rolls right off the tongue like dark chocolate. Oh, I won't take any review to heart. Hmm instructors... they're not as bad as my English teacher I hope. She circled half of my essay and wrote pathetic. Loved her though, gave me 98% in Grade 11 English. Hmm angel symphony...perfection at its highest? (pun intended :) :roll: )

144 Reviews

Reviews: 144
Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:33 am
GoldenQuill says...

Hi Alex! And, as clichély posted above about a million times, welcome to YWS!
I'm Aushiana Religh Elderidge--Aushy for short. Yes, such a confusing name. If you must, you may call me Quill. xP
Very interesting post. I've been here for... a little while... and I haven't seen anyone introduce themselves so artistically like that. xP
Well. I can't wait to read some of your stories/poems/whatever you wish to post. *adds* I'll keep an eye out for your works. =}
So, yeah. Again, welcome!

Love & Blessings,
Aushy
formerly ZlyWilk

Finally achieving my dreams. Dive into a unique horror story.

Random avatar

Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:41 am
Exialac says...

GoldenQuill wrote:Hi Alex! And, as clichély posted above about a million times, welcome to YWS!
I'm Aushiana Religh Elderidge--Aushy for short. Yes, such a confusing name. If you must, you may call me Quill. xP
Very interesting post. I've been here for... a little while... and I haven't seen anyone introduce themselves so artistically like that. xP
Well. I can't wait to read some of your stories/poems/whatever you wish to post. *adds* I'll keep an eye out for your works. =}
So, yeah. Again, welcome!

Love & Blessings,
Aushy

Gee thanks.

Well, hello, there. Aushiana...that's an interesting name. When I say your name, I feel so tranquil and calm.Do you know the origin of that word? Hahah. Quill sounds much more mundane....Well I have a lot of stuff that I haven't posted. It's mostly for compositions my girlfriend/doodles in class...Wow that must be painful. Didn't know your eyes could be contortionists...bad joke

144 Reviews

Reviews: 144
Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:51 am
GoldenQuill says...

My name means... tranquil and calm. x[}
Seriously, though? I have no idea. I have a nagging feeling my parents tried to make up names again. *sighs*
You should post it up soon. What kind of genre do you like writing?
formerly ZlyWilk

Finally achieving my dreams. Dive into a unique horror story.

Random avatar

Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:54 am
Exialac says...

GoldenQuill wrote:My name means... tranquil and calm. x[}
Seriously, though? I have no idea. I have a nagging feeling my parents tried to make up names again. *sighs*
You should post it up soon. What kind of genre do you like writing?

Well anywhere between these two extremes:
I guess I want to hoard my points?...
Despondency and Love.
For short stories -I write stuff that mess with your mind.
Photography-I just take pictures of mostly people that I hang out with and stuff I think looks good
For visual art- I usually just sketch random stuff...

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:10 pm
Carlito says...

[quote=Exialac]
Thank you. I think you were just hungry when you wrote that. You make my writing sound like a chocolate milkshake. My favorite genre to read is Sci-Fiction and my favorite genre to write is despotic fiction. I like other classic rock bands (Queen, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Deep Purple etc), alt rock bands (Flaming Lips, Belle and Sebastain, the Decemberists etc) and alt hiphop/oldschool/ undergound hiphop (Sage Francis, Nas, Ice cube). I would be a cloud... My favorite kind of ice cream is rocky road, vanilla or cookie dough flavored ice cream...[/quote]
Haha :D
I like the Flaming Lips and Belle and Sebastian too! :D Like the Yoshimi battling the robots, great stuff.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."
— V for Vendetta