z

Young Writers Society

Yo.

Random avatar

Reviews: 12
Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:11 am
Tim L. says...

Hey, my names Tim and I live in Mass. I'm 15 and I love writing stories. It's my favorite thing to do in the entire world, and it was the only thing I was ever really naturally good at. I've been told I was a good writer ever since I could write, not to sound too cocky. I actually don't have much faith in myself, haha, but I always wanted somewhere to post my stories and poems. I'm working on a story now about a post-nuclear United States; the idea kind of derived from that game Fallout 3 but it's a lot different than that, because I don't really believe in FanFiction as an art form. I have a poem up now about Racism and how racists and racism itself are just a waste of space and time. You can check it out if you want, and oh, I have a question about this site. Before I go crazy posting all this shit of mine up here, could someone please tell me how safe it is? You know, as far as plagiarism goes? I don't want anyone stealing my work. Thanks.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:41 am
WaterVyper says...

Hello Tim, and welcome to YWS. I can assure you that it's safe on YWS. As soon as you post something, it's copyrighted, so you'll have no problems. If you're still concerned, you can look here for the YWS copyright policy.

So, now that you know, it's great to meet you! Now, we have a few rules needed to be followed, and I'll run by them for a while. They're simple, so it shouldn't be that hard to follow them.

So, first up, you have to give at least two reviews for every piece of work you intend to post. It's called the 2:1 ratio, and it makes sure that everyone gets a review. It also helps you improve as a writer.

Next, we ask that you write properly. That is to say, use proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization, and no chatspeak (like 4 for 'four' *snicker* bcoz for 'because', things like that) It makes sure that people can understand your post, which leads to everyone having an easier time.

Then, rate your works. Ratings like G, PG-13, and R, and others. If your works are rated (except R), then they'll show up on the front page for everyone to see. If your work has explicit content and/or has the f-word show up in it, then it must be R rated. A related rule: please keep swearing confined to the literature forums.

So, those are some of the rules. The rest can be found here. It would be appreciated if you took the time to read them all.

So, Tim, it's great to meet you. Now, why not tell us more about yourself? What do you like to write? What about reading? Who are your favorite authors? What do you plan to achieve in the future? What are your hobbies? Anything else you want to share?

Well, it's great to see another new face around here. If you ever need anything, feel free to PM me. I look forward to seeing you around the site, and I'll be going off to check your poem. See you sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:15 pm
Meep(: says...

Hey Tim,
Welcome to YWS!
Since WaterVyper has been awesome enough to lay down the rules for you,
So I shall reveal the mystery of the colourful usernames:
Grey - They are... the people of YWS! Every empire needs its people so all of you are important!
Blue - Greeters. Yup, we attack the new members with affection. Really, we're harmless (:
Purple - Instructors. They help you out with your writing, give you tips and all. You can ask them (nicely) for a critique.
Light Green - Junior Moderators. They assist the Mods.
Dark Green - Moderators, they help keep the forums in tip-top shape, and make sure everyone's behaving.
Red - Administrators. They oversee everything that goes on in YWS. We've got three of 'em. Nate (The Creator of YWS), Meshugenah and Firestarter.

Yup. That's all of them.
About the plagiarism thing, don't fret too much about it. Our Mods are great at taking care of us... when they're not busy waving their torture devices at us.

Go ahead and PM me if you need any help.
Have a nice day! :D
~Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:22 pm
Carlito says...

Hey Tim, welcome to YWS! :D

Well all the really important stuff has pretty much been covered....
So, about the plagiarism thing, I don't think you should worry too much. Like Meep said, the mods are taking care of us and I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of people on this site wouldn't ever think of stealing one of their fellow writer's things.

So what's your favorite genre to read/write? What kind of music do you listen to? What's your favorite kind of animal? If you could go to any place for one week, where would you go and why?

I look forward to seeing some of your work! :)

If you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

"You, who have all the passion for life that I have not? You, who can love and hate with a violence impossible to me? Why you are as elemental as fire and wind and wild things..."
— Gone With the Wind