z

Young Writers Society

Hello From The West Coast!

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri May 29, 2009 5:15 pm
View Likes
Willgot says...

Hiya! I'm Willgot (called Will or Rudy, Rudy is my name :D ) I was told somewhere on deviantart about this place and so I decided to check it out! XD

I really love to write *although I seriously need some work >.>* but, maybe this place will be able to help me!

Music is something I feel strongly about and I'm very picky about what I hear, but who isn't? My all time favorite band is Queen (and the Beatles... and the Cure) Thursday I don't care about yooouu, its Friday I'm in love! *trails off into the Beatles* ...

ANYWAY!

Fantasy is epic for me and I do lean into Romantic stuff at times as well. I love poetry and photography and so I'll probably be posting some of my stuff later on :) Drawing is one of my favorite hobbies, next to anime and manga O.o My favorite anime show is probably going to have to be... Soul Eater, Death Note or Naruto. They all have a pretty close level of awesomeness.

Well, that's me (for the most part) :D

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Fri May 29, 2009 11:32 pm
XYZinnia says...

Hello!

I’m XYZinnia, Welcome to YWS! You’ll love it here! So, I’ll get the boring old rules out of the way first.

1. There is a 2:1 ratio here. So, for every work you publish, you should review two others.
2. Rate your works. You can rate it G, PG, PG-13, or R. If it has any profound language, adult situations, you need to rate it.
3. No chat speak. (ppl dnt tlk lik dis in reel life, so v dnt rite lik dis hear.)
4. No CAPS.

If you think you need help with your writing, YWS is a great place for that. People critic your work, to make it even better. Plus, you also improve your writing when you review others work!

Queen is great. So are the Beatles. (Though, truth be told, I haven’t heard much of their music. )

We are the champions, of the world…

Wait, were was I? Oh yeah, the Cure. I’ve never heard of them, are they good? What type of band are they?

I like poems and photography, too. So what all have you written so far? Have you finished a book? When did you start writing?

Anyway, if you have any questions, just ask!
-Y

6 Reviews

Sat May 30, 2009 12:01 am
Willgot says...

Hi, hi! Nice to meet you (sort of) XYZinna :D

The Cure is a rock band from the 70's :D And yes, they are very good!

In truth, I have not written much but when I do I love it! XD Nah, no finished book and I started writing about three years ago now, when I started fifth grade and turned into the outcast of my elementary class. Lol

Haha, thanks for greeting me!

-
Actawesome: Where's Mohave? I've never heard of that city. Is it near Vegas?
Willgot: ... You're surrounded by the Mohave, its the desert. XD
Actawesome: Show's how much I know XD

(P.E.T.A. - People Eating Tasty Animals)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat May 30, 2009 1:06 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Always nice to see another fantasy writer! :D I tend to lean into romance myself, so romantic fantasy is my fit. No vampires though. I don't like them.

So, as you may have noticed, some people have different coloured names on the site. I'm sure somebody else will come along and give you a quick run-down, but for now, I'm going to focus on the purple named members (like me), who are known as Instructors.

Instructors, in short, help you write to the best of your abilities. Bug us for the top-quality reviews. You can also bug us to teach you how to critique. Although it would be best to ask an Instructor who posts in your preferred genre. That way, you get the best advice possible.

Another place to go for good reviews is Will Review for Food, a subforum of the Lounge. There, people post saying they'll critique on request. Read some threads, post on maybe three at a time, and wait for a critique. It can take people awhile to get around to your work, but they usually will.

Thirdly, there is the Knowledge Base, found by right-clicking "Resources" in the header and selecting the Knowledge Base option. There, you'll find dozens of articles written by YWSers on almost every topic related to writing (both poetry and prose) along with tips on YWS navigation. Poke around to see what you can find. ^^

Any favourite books we should know about? How about favourite authors? Or is it too hard to pick just one? ;)

Questions? PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

6 Reviews

Sun May 31, 2009 10:44 pm
Willgot says...

Rosey!

Vampires were ruined for me after the whole Twilight influenza. Gross XD

Its hard to pick one book out of my home library (can't help myself) but I'd have to say the Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, its my all time favorite. :D

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun May 31, 2009 11:10 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Zomg! You're from California too! *snugs*

Are you norcal or socal? :P
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Reviews: 3
Sun May 31, 2009 11:21 pm
Alyss Heart says...

Hi there Willgot. I'm new here as well. I can't say that I hold a fondness for the Beatles *ducks for cover and hides* Probably cause I've heard the same songs over and over and over and well you get the point. Anyways. Keep the chatspeak to a minimum. So, hope you keep posting, good luck on your writing, and let me know if you have any questions on anything I would love to help you out. And also let me know if you ever need any reviews on any of your works, I would love to take a look at them, :)

~Alyss Heart
Can't never could. In fact can't isn't even a word in my vocabulary.
~Looking Glass Wars

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:04 am
Rosendorn says...

Haha, yeah, Vampires, unfortunately, seem to be springing up everywhere thanks to that book. Not fun if you want to avoid vampires while critiquing.

I have a home library too. Both fiction and non-fiction. Always fun to meet a fellow home librarian! (And I did not just make that term up. lol)

I haven't heard of that book before. Is it Young Adults?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

6 Reviews

Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:38 am
Willgot says...

Alyssa: Hi! I wouldn't throw anything at you for not liking the Beatles (just be glad you don't know my best friend, she'd murder you XD) Nice to meet you!

Snoink: Socal! But, I've already told you in chat. XD (by the way, it took my a while before I figured out what 'socal' and 'norcal' are. Lol

Rosey: I noticed that :P I do have to admit that I am a home librarian, I'd live in books if possible. :D The Bell Jar is more for... Adults, but its one of the greatest books of all time. Published in the 60's(or 70's) under the name Victoria Lucas, it was sort of an autobiography Sylvia Plath did for herself, it ends leaving you thinking. The author commited suicide a couple of months after she published it, but all in all its a great book. Goes from a girl with a sucky life to a young woman who is finally getting her life in order.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:23 am
Snoink says...

Apparently, there is this sort of grudge that norcal folk have against socal folk, but socal folk don't know about it, so it's really funny! Because I'll say, "Oh, you're one of those SOCAL people!" and they'll say, "Uh, yeah... so?" It's funny! But you totally steal all our water, lol. Silly people, living in the desert.

(Basically, you should come up here. Seriously. ;))
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

6 Reviews

Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:22 pm
Willgot says...

XDXD!

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:15 am
peanutgallery007 says...

The west coast?! srsly?! Greetings from Oregon ;)
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

Memories, left untranslated, can be disowned; memories untranslatable can become someone else’s story.
— YiYun Li