and i like to take pictures
i like reading work that's deep
so ya

Luv this site!
chek out my portfolio!

wit luv,

kamasgirl95
:D
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:32 am
peanut19 says...

Hey,kamasgirl95, welcome to YWS. I'm Peanut, looking at your posts I think you figured out the 2:1 ratio( 2 reviews to every 1 post). I'm not very big on poetry, but I'd love to read some of your stories. Also no chat speak, I noticed there was a little in your post. We use correct punctuation and grammar when we post. Hope to see you around, and read some of your stuff.
~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:48 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hey! Welcome, I might just check out some of your posts later. I'm not big on poetry either mostly because I'm bad at it and probably wouldn't be able to give a good review and I'd probably be all wrong. Haha. Well, have fun on the site.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:01 pm
Flux says...

Hey there! Welcome to YWS.

Peanut already went over the rules, so there's no point in sounding naggy and doing it again.

Firstly, as you may have noticed, some people have different coloured names. (Hm, I wonder why?) I'll tell you why!

Greeter-- like moi-- have a light blue colour to their names. We are in charge of ensuring that the new members have a good, warm weclome to the site!
Instructors are purple/ indigoish. They do plentiful reviews, and sometimes instruct classes on YWS. You might want to go and see them to get a review.
Junior Moderators are light green. They help moderate some parts of the site.
Moderators are dark green. They moderate the sight. (Moderate means that they are in charge of keeping things in check)
Distinguished members are orange. They're, well, distinguished members. (RESPECT THEM)
Admins are dark red. They, well Nate, made they site, or are trusted members/ people in charge of the upkeep, updates, etc, of the site. (RESPECT THEM TOO)
- - -
With that out of the way, tell us a bit more about yourself. What's your favourite movie or book or author? Favourite band or singer? TV show?

Hope you got a nice warm welcome.

~La Reina!

P.S.
Yes, reading this over I do realize it sounds cheesy. We're all entitled to sound cheesy upon occasion. And though my country says its the 'Flouting Sausage' I really do come from Canada, eh.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:20 pm
Swottielottie says...

Hola! Bonjour! Hello!

I hope your settling in to YWS! It's THE best website in the world.
I also like reading and taking random pictures, so we'll get along fine!
What sort of poems/books/stories do you like writing?
I'll try and read some of your work really soon, so have fun on the site and don't forget the 2:1 review ratio!

:D

Charlotte

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:29 am
Blink says...

'Allo!

Another new member! I think we're collecting them, secretly. =) I can be very deep myself, and it shows that I love 1984 so much! But yeah, anyway, no chat speak! 'Tis bad on a writer's site, dah? You can call me Blinky or Blink or Mark... or Cindy, if you want. :wink: But still, enough about me...

I love poetry myself, but not enough. I don't enough about poems, so you could help me out there! Oh, and if you want a review feel free to ask. I'm usually a busy person, but when I'm not, I'm lazing about in my room thinking about what to do, so you know. Can I also say that your avatar is made of awesomeness? Because it is. So... your favourite book? Poem?

And you're Canadian! How cool is that? I /think/ that Canada is the third or fourth ranked on YWS for the most members, or something. I live in the middle of England, so nothing special. But it's nice here. =P

See you about, I guess? Let me know if you have any questions!

Blinky
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:50 am
anti-pop says...

Hi, kamasgirl! :D

Oh, I love to write poetry too. What genre do you like to write? I personally prefer narrative. ^_^
How long have you been writing?

You're a photographer? That's great! I enjoy taking pictures a lot myself. I mostly take nature shots and landscapes... things like that. What kind of pictures do you take often? Or is it just sort of random? XD

There is an abundance of stories and poems here on YWS that are incredibly deep and powerful, so don't worry about not finding something that will tickle your fancy. :D
I can't wait to check out your portfolio and see what you've contributed to this community. If you ever need any reviews on your work, or just want to chat, drop me a PM or guestbook entry.

Happy writing, and welcome to YWS!

~anti-pop
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

174 Reviews

Reviews: 174
Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:59 pm
lucyy says...

Heyy there kamasgirl, I see everyone has gone through the rules already, so there's really nothing left for me to say except a massive, huge, warm, and cuddly welcome to YWS!!! I promise you will fell straight at home on this awesome sight!!

Poetry, eh? I myself avoid the poetry forum, but I do applaud anyone who can write poetry - it's totally beyond me!! =P And you like to write stories too?? (We do have something in common then :wink: ), what kind do you like to write??And pictures too?? Wow, you're a multi-talented person - there's also a Photography Forum around here somewhere, where you can amze us with your awesome pictures :D

Ooh, reading work that's deep - I have to say I love reading stuff with a kind of moral to the story, or even something that will make you stop and think... hmm, yes I totally agree with you there :D

So... I need to know more!! What's your favourite... colour? Type of music? Novel/author (although, that is hard to choose....)?

Anywhoo, if you have any questions, need some help, or anything at all, please don't hesitate to PM me, as I'll be happy to help!! (:

Have fun on the site, and good luck writing poetry!! :D
--Lucyy xx
"Don't think, or judge. Just Listen."

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:02 pm
Evi says...

Hey kamas! Nice to meet you *shakes hand* I see you've already posted a bit and done some reviews? Excellent!

I'm Evi. Deep stuff is awesome, yes? ;) We have some incredibly deep poets and authors on here. You'll find an abundance of things that pull on your heartstrings or really make you think about something you've never considered before, so enjoy yourself!

Remember to lay off the chatspeak: no 'plz' or 'thnx' or 'i no'. Since we're a site of literary excellence, we prefer to spell everything out and use proper grammar/punctuation/capitalization. It's a change if you're used to chatspeak, but after a while you get the hang of it and can't imagine going any other way! :D

Hope you have fun on YWS! We're super friendly here; PM anyone, including me, if you need any help getting around or finding something good to read/review. Remember to make your reviews thoughtful and helpful, not just one-liners!

See you around, dear!

~Evi
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

We are discreet sheep; we wait to see how the drove is going, and then go with the drove.
— Mark Twain