z

Young Writers Society

Is it rude to tresspass?

Reviews: 0
Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:48 pm
View Likes
Lizzie says...

Urmm....Hi. I'm Lizzie, I am 13, 14 in may and....I didn't think these things would take so much effort. If any of you are on TW or YWO you might know me from there. Heck. I heard of YWS from YWO. I look forward to joining in on stuff here.

I love David Tennant and the colours : Dark Red, Dark Purple and Black.

If you were to ask me my favourite book, that would be impossible. I would like to either become an author, journilist or English teacher. You give me any of those jobs and I am happy. I love the Darran Shan series. They are so gripping.

I am in love with Harry Potter and I think Draco and Hermione should have got it on.

I love Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance. (And slitting...And wrist warmers...and....what else do Emos do?) Not really. I am not THAT kind of Emo. I'm not even Emo. I just hate everything that life throws at me. But I do NOT self harm. Still love MCR and FOB. Especilly Pete Wentz. Come that day when I murder Ashlee.

I live in Devon in England, so no, I have no idea what the hell goes on in America, so this crap about G, PG ect. I do not get one bit.

My desk is very messy at the moment. Filled with paper and pencils. And pens. And photos. And my computer. I have some lyrics I would love to post up on here.

I also write what ever I want. I have no specific genre. But fantasy and romance get me.

You really want to see a picture of me? Meh. Don't click on it if you don't wish to see me. v

ehum removed in 2012 because what the hell was I thinking.

So meh. Thats me. Don't like me? Then jog on.

Bye. Lizzie x
Last edited by Lizzie on Thu May 17, 2012 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're all going to hate me.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:55 pm
Hannah says...

I am in love with Harry Potter and I think Draco and Hermione should have got it on.

I love Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance. (And slitting...And wrist warmers...and....what else do Emos do?) Not really. I am not THAT kind of Emo. I'm not even Emo. I just hate everything that life throws at me. But I do NOT self harm. Still love MCR and FOB. Especilly Pete Wentz. Come that day when I murder Ashlee.

I live in Devon in England, so no, I have no idea what the hell goes on in America, so this crap about G, PG ect. I do not get one bit.

My desk is very messy at the moment. Filled with paper and pencils. And pens. And photos. And my computer. I have some lyrics I would love to post up on here.

I also write what ever I want. I have no specific genre. But fantasy and romance get me.

Haha, I love Draco, so I'm glad he never liked anyone... that meant he secretly liked me... outside of the book! I also like MCR because of their music -- I mean, I listened to it and I think it's catchy! I don't really take it that seriously, I guess. xP

I'm jealous. Let's trade countries. And G = General Audiences {so like everyone, even three year olds, maybe?}, PG = Parental Guidance suggested because of maybe some slightly scary things? -shrugs- PG-13 = higher... thirteen year olds and up, some teen kind of content, and then R is for super violent, or super 'sexual' or things with lots of bad language, etc. ^_^ Yeah, that's a rough estimate for you.

Now I'm going to let you know some rules from YWS!
Unless you already know them. >_>
I mean, I don't think you'll have trouble with the 'reducing chatspeak' rule. xD
And then you should know we keep a 2;1 ratio -- reviewing two works from other members before posting any of those lyrics piling up on your desk! -nodnod-
Also, try to post like two things a day and let them get some reviews before posting more. I learned that the hard way, since I'm still kind of a newbie myself.

Anyways! WELCOME~ <3

I can't wait to read some of your work! I'm Hannah. <_<

Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:03 pm
Lizzie says...

Thanks Hannah. I despise of chatspeak. Do you mind the odd swear? Not at anyone, just to yourself. Not like:
(Do not read if you don't like bad langauge. You have been warned.)
[spoiler]"Fuck off"

Like:

"What the fuck? Meh. I always thought it was shit."[/spoiler]

If that is against the rules, ignor what I just said. :)
Last edited by Lizzie on Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:06 pm
Hannah says...

II Keep all comments clean! For stories and poems, one may use vulgar language, but this is not the case with comments. All inappropiate comments will be edited.

That's from the rules! So you can't do the swearing on the forums thingy. However, if you start up a BLOG, I'm pretty sure that's your space to do with whatever you want! ^_^ It's allowed in stories and poems though, like if your characters swear or something like that, just not in comments. And you have to be sure to rate your work accordingly if it contains swear words!

Again, from the rules:

If they have vulgar language, please rate them as 'R.'

^_^ <3

Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:10 pm
Lizzie says...

I will spoiler it then. And thanks.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:10 pm
Rosendorn says...

Um, yes, that is against the rules. Anything with the F-word must be rated R. And on the rest of the boards you should swear at all. Replace them with the more.. appropriet equivalent such as "darn," "heck" ect.

^ I'm going to leave that in just because it's really important.

And, yes, if you blog you are allowed to swear. But you might have some people ask you not to.

If you need anything, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:24 pm
Lizzie says...

Could any of you help me out with the point system?

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:25 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello! Welcome to YWS! I am Winter.

So, you like to write lyrics? I would love to read them! Except I'm truly awful at critiquing lyrics so I may not review them :D .

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:34 pm
Angel of Death says...

Hey there Lizzie!

I'm Angel of Death but please call me Angel.

I love Fall Out Boy! Pete Wentz is a lyrical genius and if Ashley died, oh I would so marry him.

Music is my life next to writing and so if you have any lyrics just post them and I'll be happy to look at them.

Well, I hope you enjoy it here and Welcome to YWS!!!

~Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:38 pm
View Likes
Lizzie says...

Hi Ho! Thanks. But Eh Hum, no. When Ashlee dies of an accidental (yes, accidental, with nothing to do with me atall. Eh hum. ) poisnening, me and Peter have already decided to marry. So good luck killing me. :P

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:40 pm
Snoink says...

Okay! I am curious. Why do you think Draco and Hermione should get it on? XD
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1272 Reviews

Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:41 pm
Rosendorn says...

Lizzie wrote:Could any of you help me out with the point system?

Points rundown:

You get 0.2 points per character in a post for most boards, maximum 50 points.

The boards you do not get points for are storybooks (basically RPGs) and anything under "general discussion"

You spend 150 points for each new story/work you post, but that is counterbalanced by the 50 you get back. (It's asked you post enough to critique)

You spend 100 points to create a new storybook, and you do not get points back.

Does that help?

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:45 pm
Lizzie says...

Yeah, thanks. And the stars under your name? What the heck is that about?

1272 Reviews

Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:37 pm
Rosendorn says...

That would be number of reviews.

For Yellow Stars:

5 Reviews = 1 Star
25 Reviews = 2 Stars
75 Reviews = 3 Stars
150 Reviews = 4 Stars
250 Reviews = 5 Stars

For Blue Stars:

350 Reviews = 1 Blue Star, 4 Yellow Stars
450 Reviews = 2 Blue Stars, 3 Yellow Stars
550 Reviews = 3 Blue Stars, 2 Yellow Stars
650 Reviews = 4 Blue Stars, 1 Yellow Star

For Red Stars:

850 Reviews = 1 Red Star, 4 Blue Stars
950 Reviews = 2 Red Stars, 3 Blue Stars
1050 Reviews = 3 Red Stars, 2 Blue Stars
1150 Reviews = 4 Red Stars, 1 Blue Star
1250 Reviews = 5 Red Stars

That's the star ranking.

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:49 pm
Merry_Haven says...

*Lizzie~

Hello, there. Wow, you sure had a lot of questions. But, I'm glad that someone got to them all.

Anywho, what's TW & YWO? I have no idea at all.

Let's see, my favorite color is always going to be Green. The reason why is pretty embarrassing enough.

An English teacher would be nice. But, an author/writer would be a whole lot better.

Harry Potter? Haha!! I've read all the books and seen all the movies. I mean, the ones that have already came out. My favorite couple was Tonks and Lupin.

FOB? Haha!! I saw them live. Pete Wentz was so close! Like less then 15 ft. close. They're amazing live.

Anyway, I gotta go help with dinner. So if you need anything feel free to shoot me a PM. See you around!!

*Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

Hail Hydra
— Stan Lee