z

Young Writers Society

Hi im new to this site

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:16 pm
Daft Vader UK says...

hi i live in the UK and im 13. i like reading loads and writing sometimes i write about usualy sci fi/ action. I mostly enjoy watersports like sailing ,kayaking, water discing, you name it. OK thats it cya around!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:11 am
TNCowgirl says...

Howdy!!!!

Let me give you a few tips if you want to fit in. :D

First, capitalize your 'i's'. Second, I forgot it. :D

Anyways, welcome to YWS the BEST writers site ever. I'm bias!

I'm TNC, TN, Cowgirl, whatever you want to call me. :D

If you need help or anything just pm me. Peace for now.

TNC
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:09 pm
Dark Star says...

hi...Im new to...Ive only been here for a matter of minutes but I can already tell that this is an awesome site...i live in a small town in Canada where there is nothing to do. Im so addicted to reading its crazy and I have a passion for writting...i love poetry and fiction the best..love to make some friends and get some feed back...

pm for anything!!

<3 dARK STAR

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:27 am
romance otaku says...

welcome both of you 8)
~Did I help you? If so, please take a second to sign my website's guestbook at http://joeduncko.com/guestbook/. When it gets 100 signs, I plan to release my newest short story! Thanks!

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:34 am
jasmine12 says...

Hello. I'm new to the site too. I'm more addicted to writing than reading. I've gotten advice from every writer that i've spoken to that if you want to make it as a writer than you have to read...read...and read. I'm usually really good at the review thing that this website has. So if you have something let me know and I'll read it and hopefully be able to help you out.
Good luck.
"Sometimes the worst bad guy makes the best good guy." Nigel--Untouched

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:37 am
romance otaku says...

i would love it if you review my most current work, heart stabbed blade chapter 1. i have a link to it in my signature

also, ifyou have anything you would like me to review, i will gladly do it
~Did I help you? If so, please take a second to sign my website's guestbook at http://joeduncko.com/guestbook/. When it gets 100 signs, I plan to release my newest short story! Thanks!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:08 am
Snoink says...

Hola! I like sci fi too... well, actually, I'm not reading a sci fi thing, but I like writing, so yay? :)

Anyway, glad you're here! If you have any questions, just bug me. I'm a moderator, which means I can do most anything you want, if you ask, plus I've been here since 2005, so I know most everything about this site. :)

See you around! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:33 am
Daft Vader UK says...

lol i agree darkstar with site is awsome. I'll ask questions.. don't get sick of me! :D Glad you like sci-fi too, I don't like reading it much either :wink:

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:06 pm
Firearris says...

Hi Daft Vader, and-*falls out of chair while writing this* >.> <.< And welcome to Young Writers Society! =) I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, Arri, or you can make something up.

What do you like to read? Do you like writing other things than sci-fi? Do you like music? Do you have any pets? Tell us more about you! Were curious! =P

Anyways, if you feel like you want some help around the site, or you want someone to guide you a bit for awhile, I suggest you click Here. :D Also, if you do end up wanting help or someone like a guide, then don't feel limited to those people only, feel free to PM anyone you'd prefer. :)

Below, are a few links I suggest you check out for really good information, but if there is something there that isn't covered that you want to know about, just send me a PM. =)

Contact and Staff: People that are good to when you need help with something, this list is old, and things have changed, but most of the people listed are still good to contact.

Rules and Guides: The Rules of YWS, and also guides with information that may just come in handy.

YWS Help And Support Wiki

Information Desk: Check here for announcements, Radio show information, Chat openings, and more.

Writing Tips: If you have or need writing tips, post here, you can also respond to other topics and give tips related to a person's writing problems at the moment.

---
Here is the different meanings of Colored names.

Red: Admin/Junior Admin

Dark Green: Moderator

Light Green (much lighter than this color): Junior Moderator

Purple: Instructor

Light Blue: Greeter.

-

Well, I hope that covers it all! Feel free to send me a PM if you want a crit, need help, or just want to talk! And again, Welcome to the site!

~Firearris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:04 am
Night Mistress says...

Welcome to Yws.

if you need anything, let me know.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Random avatar

Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:04 pm
Daft Vader UK says...

:D I have a cat called olive whos really friendly, i read a mix of stuff, Really I read anything that looks like it has an interesting blurb and an idea. Sci-fi s my main topic for writing, I tried some other stuff and failed miserably. I can write modern action stories but that kinda limits you to what you have around you, you can't go crazy and come up with a city the size Europe, like you can in sci-fi. :D :D

I'm kinda into rock/pop music; Razorlight, The wombats, Air traffic; All good English bands. Nickelback and Fall out boy are really good aswell. ^^
I play on the xbox a bit aswell

Thanks for being interested :D :D

Random avatar

Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:11 pm
View Likes
Daft Vader UK says...

+ Please read my first chapter of my new action/sci-fi. To see what you think

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:12 pm
Firearris says...

What games do you have for the xbox? :D And I'll be sure to check out your story. =D
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

Random avatar

Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:38 am
Daft Vader UK says...

:D My favourites are Call of Duty 4, Halo3 ,Battlefield badcompany, Rainbow six Vegas2 I've got a few others which aren't so good. What about you do you have an Xbox? :D

trust your heart if the seas catch fire (and live by love though the stars walk backward)
— E.E. Cummings