z

Young Writers Society

Writersdomain has finally decided to give info!!

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:17 pm
View Likes
Writersdomain says...

Hello everyone. I know I'm not all that new, but I decided to say a little about myself. My name is Stevanie and I absolutely love medieval times, knights, castles, writing (especially poetry) and forests. Poetry is my passion, though I do tend to write things too long (which is the major reason why you will seldom see me post stories... if ever) so I am apologizing in advance for any poems I write that are far too long. I started off on TYWC and loved it as my first writing website. I think it is my 3rd of 4th year there though I am not very well-known. And then I found YWS. I was frustrated with the slowness of TYWC because by the time my stuff came up, I'd already edited the work three times or so which wasn't fun at all. Enough about why I came here...
I also love to play soccer, listen to music (especially instrumental), play my clarinet, read and draw. I guess you could also relate me to areida07's title under her name the 'Bible-thumpin', gun totin' conservative. *laughs* I just love that.
Another reason why you will see hardly any stories by me is because my style is very different from most people. I deal with characters' minds and how they feel (their deep emotions) and somtimes nothing ever happens because I am too busy describing them. Pitiful... I know

That's enough about me for now... just thought I'd be a little informative
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:25 pm
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

I saw the word clarinet :D. And instrumental music. (oh, I just realised I haven't done one of these things yet...)

I'd look at some of your writings. Also, breaking things up to post is allowed, so try that if there's anything you want critiqued.

what do you like to read?
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

563 Reviews

Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:35 pm
View Likes
Writersdomain says...

Yeah, I love music

Thanks for the suggestion. I might just do that

I liked reading books that mix historical fiction, romance, adventure, maybe some fantasy (but not with historical fiction of course) and that stuff. My favorite authors are Stephen Lawhead, Angela Elwell Hunt and Michael R. Joens. Favorite books are: The Silver Hand by Stephen Lawhead, Tahn by LA Kelly, Out of the Red Shadow by Anne DeGraaf (I almost bawled at the end. beautiful), Song of the Silent Harp bu BJ Hoff (though the sequels are awful), Janny Wurts books, Robert Jordan books. A lot of stuff
~ WD

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:23 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Geez, we're practically twins. Except, of course, that Griffinkeeper is my twin and so you can't be my twin...

But I like to play clarinet, am conservative, and like to deal with matters of the mind too. Scary...

Anyway, I remember you from TYWC! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:14 am
View Likes
Shadow Knight says...

I saw medieval :D He he, i'm obsessed.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

563 Reviews

Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:59 pm
View Likes
Writersdomain says...

*smiles*
Another clarinet player! Happy me.

Yes, I told all my friends at school that when I get IM, my address is going to be medievalobsession. :D
~ WD

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:58 pm
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

I wrote an entry in my blog regarding screen names, you might want to check it out.

SNOINK IS MY TWIN YOU CAN'T HAVE HER!!

BOOWHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:50 pm
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

I think there's something to be said here for clarinet playing conservative writers who like the physcological aspect of things... *is thoughtful*
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:28 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

Haha that reminds me.. I took a test and it said I was liberal. *blinks* Sorry Mesh lol!

Alright WD (I feel like saying WD-40 lol) I'm gonna quote and respond. Woohoo.

My name is Stevanie

That has got to be the coolest spelling ever.

and I absolutely love medieval times, knights, castles, writing (especially poetry) and forests. Poetry is my passion, though I do tend to write things too long (which is the major reason why you will seldom see me post stories... if ever) so I am apologizing in advance for any poems I write that are far too long.

Yay! You sound just like me, lol!

I also love to play soccer, listen to music (especially instrumental), play my clarinet, read and draw. I guess you could also relate me to areida07's title under her name the 'Bible-thumpin', gun totin' conservative. *laughs* I just love that.
Another reason why you will see hardly any stories by me is because my style is very different from most people. I deal with characters' minds and how they feel (their deep emotions) and somtimes nothing ever happens because I am too busy describing them.

Yup, still sound just like me. Except for the soccer part.. I don't do sports. And I play flute, not clarinet. But close enough. :)

Pitiful... I know

*shakes head violently* Not pitiful at all! That's the reason I want to get later into my story - I want to play with the conflicts in my character's mind, and I want to show the effects the weight of her positions have on her. I think it's totally excellent! Wow, I just sounded like a stereotypical Californian there.. :P

That's enough about me for now... just thought I'd be a little informative

Woohoo! Go WD! :D
Love and Light

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:19 pm
View Likes
Shriek says...

^_^ Medieval times. I used to be obsessed with Sir Gawain when I was younger... -blush-

And I'm glad to see you're confident about being 'Bible-thumpin', gun totin' conservative. -Laugh- I like that too.

Can't wait to read some of your stuff, Stevanie.
i thought you were shallow, but then i fell in deep.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:30 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Nooo...Sir Gawain sucks! Sir Perceval all the way!!! (my middle name)
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

154 Reviews

Reviews: 154
Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:43 pm
View Likes
Armadian says...

I play clarinet hee hee

563 Reviews

Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:42 am
View Likes
Writersdomain says...

I personally like Sir Gawaine as well...
~ WD

154 Reviews

Reviews: 154
Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:56 am
View Likes
Armadian says...

Wow u likea lot of things I like.Soccer,music,and I alsoplay clarinet as my other instrument i orginally played trumpet and now play both.

563 Reviews

Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:18 pm
View Likes
Writersdomain says...

Wow, yet another clarinetist
I named my clarinet Clarice (Clari) Trebela
~ WD

Overripe sushi, The master Is full of regret.
— Buson