z

Young Writers Society

hello there :^)

Reviews: 1
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:51 pm
View Likes
Saturday says...

(preface: I have no clue what to say here asdfghjkl)

hi I'm Saturday, and I guess I'd call myself a poet. most of my writing is experimental, prosey, or otherwise nontraditional. I love to play around with punctuation and capitalization to make statements. this is the first place I've used to actually "show" my writing to someone else :D it's a little intimidating!

although I like writing in any form. I've written plenty of novellas, and sometimes I dabble in roleplaying! basically I can do it all 8)
they/he
dizzy dreamer

218 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 218
Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:42 pm
View Likes
creaturefeature says...

hi saturday! welcome to yws!

i'm a big fan of poetry as well! it's always nice to see more poets around! and no worries, yws is a very welcoming community. it can definitely be intimidating at first though, but i know you'll fit right in! :)
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:12 am
alliyah says...

Welcome @Saturday! YWS has lots of poets so you'll fit right in. :) Do you have any favorite authors?

Some poetry clubs I'd love to recommend:

Poetry Readers hosts monthly poetry discussions ~
Poem A Week offers bi-weekly poetry prompts and challenges users to write a poem as often as they can, whether that's once a week or once a month!
Poetry Jam Club - is a club for poets to join together and have a write-in where everyone's writing poetry at the same time (called a "Poetry Jam" on YWS)

Watch out for April too! We have a great set of National Poetry Month events then. :)
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1487 Reviews

Reviews: 1487
Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:35 am
IcyFlame says...

Hey @Saturday! Welcome to YWS :)

What kind of genres do you write for your novellas?

You know that place between sleep and awake, that place where you still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
— J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan