z

Young Writers Society

Audeamus!

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:31 pm
Ravenna says...

Let us dare!
Dream is if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

Greetings. I don't know if any of you remember me from 'Young Fantasy Writers', or Deloclya's 'I Choose a Mortal Life', or from here for that matter, but I was a member about two years ago. That was back before I started high school. Once I started, my writing was put on hold for a time, and I recentl decided I wanted to get back to it. There was a sort of hole in my life where my writing had been and I saw my creativity fly out the window. So here I am, back, writing, and very content with that fact.

Does anyone remember me???

I don't know. Anyways, I'm Ravenna and I'm 15 years old now. I used to live in Craiova, Romania but have recently moved to Australia, which is a treat. I run cross country, play the violin, go to school, go to the beach, spend time with friends and family, surf, sail, and of course...write. I'm pretty eccentrically random, as my profile that I wrote when I was 13 says. That sure hasn't changed.

I missed all of you people here alot, actually. This was a place in which I always felt comfortable being myself. Naturally, you all know that, seeing as though you write. The thing is, not many people are as intelligent and creative as we, so they don't understand us. Talking with other writers is like...a break from the aesthetic, superficial, conflicted world.

Whatever.

I missed this board.

I'm back.

That's all that counts. :)

:x <-- this guy looks constipated. hehe.

bye!

if you remember me.. feel free to message me.
:elephant: dancing elephants rock my world.
From falcon's wings thou cometh forth; to streams of fire, bringeth thee.
~Tul rhofal amruun;sarin naur siiir, tegi lyaa.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:52 pm
Cassandra says...

Welcome back! I'm Cassandra, and I wasn't here two years ago...so yeah. I wouldn't remember you! But hello anyway! ;)
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:17 pm
Meshugenah says...

Ravenna! I remember comparing Romanian and English with you!

Oh, wanna kick Delo's place to life? Me and Erethror (eh.. Bjorn, now) have tried a few times, and I've pretty much given up... yeah. Most of the old crew is still here: Me,Crysi, EBM, zzap (or whatever he called himself, like ser sterling, etc.), no Delo or Al, though... or Perra.

Aw, poey. We've missed you!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:49 pm
Firestarter says...

Well not two years yet, but it seems you joined over a year and a half ago ... however, I don't remember you XD Welcome back to the site, nonetheless.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

29 Reviews

Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:02 pm
Ravenna says...

Yeah I'd love to breath some life into Delo's old place. I found it in some of my links from about a year ago and visited, hoping to find any shred of hope for it. I think we can make it happen.

Yeah I noticed the people still here. You, Erethror, EBM I saw, Crysi I messaged, I found Delo's but she hasn't been on in a while, and Arvy's is still here only I think he goes by a different name now. Not quite sure. Is Tara still here? I was curious. I think she was the moderator of a lot of threads on the old board.

Anyways, it's good to be back. I feel like throwing in another dancing elephant or too but I'm too dreadfully lazy to click the link on the side and get it.

So maybe I'll just put this guy in here. :shock: He's like one of those little toys you buy at the store where when you squeeze it, it's eyes pop out.

I still speak Romanian!! Why wouldn't I? I don't know. But I speak Latin now too, as seen by my title.

w00t!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:46 pm
Snoink says...

Tara is sometimes here, sometimes not. And Arvy comes and goes. :P

I'm here and I somewhat remember you, but not a lot. Oh well... we'll remember each other soon enough. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:23 am
Areida says...

I joined about the same time as you, so your name is familiar. :D

I'm Areida... not sure if you remember me or not... but like Snoink said I'm sure we'll remember each other soon enough. Mwahahahahaha. :P

See you around!
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:25 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

I only joined last month but its cool that you've returned! Soo...welcome back!

LUNA
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:15 pm
Saga says...

Hey!

I think I maybe joined a year ago and just never had time to get on XD But now I do have some time on my hands. . . er wrists *looks at watches*
Like a wind I wander
Into a darkened yonder
Like a wind I cry
My own undoing I deny

29 Reviews

Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:20 pm
Ravenna says...

Yeah Areida I remember you. & I'm looking forward to getting to know the rest of you and reading your work.

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:21 pm
Prosithion says...

Hello. Greetings to YWS.
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:19 pm
Fantasy of You says...

Dream is if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. Used to be a favourite quote, until I realised living as if I would die tended to bring that forward a little...

Welcome to the boards :)

-Fantasy
'It aint the size, love,' she says. 'It's how you use it. That's the important thing, methinks.'

Of course, she was talking about vocabulary...

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
— Dr. Seuss