z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [2]

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:00 am
Rydia says...

Hi Jessica! Welcome to the site, I hope everything is going well so far :)

We do have a few artists here so you could always look around the art forums and if you see someone who draws in a style they like, send a friendly pm to see if they'd make a novel cover for you. Alternatively, as Blue said there's contests. You can offer reviews of YWS point as an encouragement for people to enter and then you'd have a few possible covers to choose from.

Welcome Kehau! I'm not sure if I'm pronouncing that right, Kay-how maybe? But cool name and I like your username too! Feel free to ask if you have any questions, we're here to help!

Heather xxx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:22 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Hi. I'm Richard, a teen of few words but of a dark imagination. I'd love to read peoples material as well as get some good writing advice.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:24 pm
SubjectBlue says...

I'm barak, welcome!
PM me if you need anything, other than that, I'm sure you'll love it here.
Also check out the buddy system.
Have fun!
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:08 pm
CAPSLOCK says...

I'm new here, My friend (AwesomeSocks) made me come on here and I have to say it's... interesting. :) But really you all seem like cool people and I can't wait to get to know everyone.

Peace :smt003

ps: I love Requiem for a Dream :) it's an awesome song.
"We all can be only who we are, no more, and no less."
- Terry Goodkind
Kahlan Amnell from the Sword of Truth Novels

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:14 pm
1derfulbonne says...

Hey everybody! Just joined today, love to write, want to get better, hope this place helps! *waves* :D

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:17 pm
SubjectBlue says...

welcome
if you need any help- PM me.
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

Random avatar

Reviews: 12
Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:18 am
Rahul says...

welcome to YWS.. hope to see a great author in you

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:08 am
JohnDaniel says...

Hello, my name is John and I am new here as well! I love to write, both in my native language and in English. I am really looking forward to exchanging ideas with fellow writers, and maybe I can improve my English a little bit along the way too... :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 3

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:09 pm
Rydia says...

Hi, welcome to both of you!

John, what's your original language if you don't mind me asking? I greatly admire people who know a second language and even more so when they write in that second language because I know how tough it is. My Greek friend says the creative projects are always the toughest so I take my hat off to you.

If either of you, or anyone else needs anything at all, feel free to drop me a pm and I'll answer your questions/ help you find your way around YWS ^^

Heather xxx
Writing Gooder

6 Reviews

Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am
JohnDaniel says...

Hey, Heather!
I am from the Netherlands, so my first language is Dutch. I like writing in Dutch as well, but I must say I have more love for the English language. It is true that it takes a lot more effort to write in a language that is, in essence, not your own. Even things such as punctuation are different in each language!
Greetings, John

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:16 am
Rydia says...

Ah Dutch! That's very cool and I must say, you write very beautifully in English. If you hadn't admitted it, I would think you were from this country since your vocabulary and sentence structure are better than some of the native speakers I know!

By the way everyone, we have this system called a 'Buddy System' where the new member can choose an older member to show them around the site and answer any questions they have. The older member also reviews some of their work and can introduce them to other members, old and new! So it's a win win situation since all you have to do is be new :D It's a great opportunity for any of you who are feeling unsure about where to start or who just want to meet some new people.
Writing Gooder

Reviews: 0
Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:30 pm
Roza says...

Hey there, I'm Rory but you can call me roza (pronnounced Rozza). I tend to write more horror related pieces. Sometime it takes a while for me to come up with a fresh idea but when I do they flow out of me! I'm currently working on a novelistion for the video game Left 4 Dead in hpes to get it pubished. Due to the exclusion of alot of cutscenes in the game I will have to use alot of ceative thinking to work it out. As soon as I complete the introduction Chapters I intend to post them here before submitting my idea to Valve

6 Reviews

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:23 pm
View Likes
JohnDaniel says...

Well, thank you for the compliment, Heather. I am very flattered. :D

240 Reviews

Reviews: 240
Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:44 am
Kaedee says...

Hi Rory, welcome to YWS!
Left 4 Dead? Ohhh, I know that game. :o I'm looking forward to reading your work!

If you have any questions, you can leave a message on my wall anytime, or you can PM a mod (the users with green names). See you around-

Kae
Perfect things in life aren't things.
Spoiler! :
*_______*

Most people ignore most poetry because most poetry ignores most people.
— Adrian Mitchell