z

Young Writers Society

New

Reviews: 0
Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:27 pm
MayuJun says...

Heyy. My name's MayuJun and I'm actually not new to art of writing, but new to this website. Please take care of me.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:29 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Hey MayuJun^^ Welcome to YWS! I'm Shina, another one of those blue titled people known as greeters ;) It is my job and my pleasure to greet the newbs of YWS.

Don't worry, Mayu, there are plenty of experienced writers here, but you can always learn more, can't you?

Rules:

No chatspeak,please! Proper grammar and spelling is essential.

Be nice, be professional.

2:1 ratio. Make sure to review 2 pieces before you post.

No caps!

My advice:

Don't take all reviews to heart. YWS instructors will probably rip your pieces to shreds, but it's all in the hope that you'll improve. You may be a good writer, but YWS will make you ten times the writer you already are ;)

-Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:32 pm
Carlito says...

Hey MayuJun, welcome to YWS! :D

We'll take good care of you, don't worry. :) Everyone is really nice here, I don't think you'll have any problems :)

To keep the generally nice Mods off your back, there are a couple of rules you should keep in mind. (If you haven't already, I would recommend reading all of the Rules).
-2:1 ratio -> For everything you submit for a review, we ask that you review at least two other things first. That's just so things stay balanced out and after all, you learn just as much from reading and critiquing others than you do when people just read and critique you. :)
-No chat speak -> We want to keep this site sophisticated, so try not to talk lIkE tHiS :) Try to use proper spelling and grammar too. (If you're not sure if you've spelled everything right and want to check, there's a tab above the reply window that says 'check spelling'.)
-Rate your work -> If what you post in the literary forums has excessive violence, swearing, or sex, rate it accordingly because there are a lot of younger users here that might not want to read that.
-Swearing -> It's okay in literary works, but outside of that, try to hold off. :)

Now for some questions...
What's your favorite genre to read/write? What kind of music do you listen to? What's your favorite musical instrument? What's your baked good of choice? What's your favorite kind of cookie? If you were a marine biologist, what animal would you study and why?

I hope you have a great time here and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:41 pm
Juniper says...

Hey there, Mayu! June here!

Do you mind if I call you May? Because, it would be really cool to have another member on here with a nickname that's the name of a month. :P

Anyway, welcome to YWS! Shina and Carly have covered some of the basic rules. As long as you pay attention to them, everything will be just peachy. ;)

People around here with colored names hold specific positions. Tnme and angels symphony are light blue, because they're greeters. A purple name indicates that the member is an instructor, someone who specializes in reviewing, and helping others improve their writing.
A member with a light green name, like myself is a Junior Moderator, a moderator who is assigned to maintain one section of the forums.

A dark green name means that the member is a moderator. They moderate the entire site-- if any problems arise, please tell a junior mod or moderator about your problem.

The red are admins, the people who deal with the administration and underground parts of the site.

(Orange members are retired moderators or admins)

What genre do you write most? :)

So! Any questions? Ask them here. :)

If you need anything, feel free to come to me.

Juniper ;)
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

Democracy! Bah! When I hear that word I reach for my feather Boa!
— Allen Ginsburg