Risk and Reward

332 posts1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2794
Reviews 115
(Sure! This place is sort of a no man's land)

He wrinkled his nose again. "Okay, um...how about three wishes then?"
"The Imperial need for control is so desperate because it is so unnatural. Tyranny requires constant effort. It breaks, it leaks. Authority is brittle. Oppression is the mask of fear. Remember that." -Karis Nemik

she/her




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 999
Reviews 95
"You have those?" she asked, surprised. Not even her father could get ahold of those easily.

(Not me making up lore on the spot)
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2794
Reviews 115
(Hehe)

"Sure. Somewhere."
"The Imperial need for control is so desperate because it is so unnatural. Tyranny requires constant effort. It breaks, it leaks. Authority is brittle. Oppression is the mask of fear. Remember that." -Karis Nemik

she/her




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 999
Reviews 95
"Somewhere," she said skeptically. "So it's not even for-sure?"
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2794
Reviews 115
"No, it's for sure, definitely! I just have to find where I put them." He grinned awkwardly.
"The Imperial need for control is so desperate because it is so unnatural. Tyranny requires constant effort. It breaks, it leaks. Authority is brittle. Oppression is the mask of fear. Remember that." -Karis Nemik

she/her




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 999
Reviews 95
"You...lost, the wishes."
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2794
Reviews 115
"They're at home," he replied indignantly. "I have them. They're just...somewhere there."
"The Imperial need for control is so desperate because it is so unnatural. Tyranny requires constant effort. It breaks, it leaks. Authority is brittle. Oppression is the mask of fear. Remember that." -Karis Nemik

she/her




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 999
Reviews 95
"Uh-huh," Queenie checked her watch. "You know what, give me your phone number. I have places to be."
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2794
Reviews 115
"Is that a yes?" he asked eagerly.
"The Imperial need for control is so desperate because it is so unnatural. Tyranny requires constant effort. It breaks, it leaks. Authority is brittle. Oppression is the mask of fear. Remember that." -Karis Nemik

she/her




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 999
Reviews 95
"It's a maybe."
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2794
Reviews 115
"I'm gonna need something more concrete."
"The Imperial need for control is so desperate because it is so unnatural. Tyranny requires constant effort. It breaks, it leaks. Authority is brittle. Oppression is the mask of fear. Remember that." -Karis Nemik

she/her




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 999
Reviews 95
"I've already got a job, and if I flake on that I'm pretty screwed, so take your maybe."
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2794
Reviews 115
He huffed. "I don't have a phone..."
"The Imperial need for control is so desperate because it is so unnatural. Tyranny requires constant effort. It breaks, it leaks. Authority is brittle. Oppression is the mask of fear. Remember that." -Karis Nemik

she/her




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 999
Reviews 95
"You don't...How am I supposed to contact you then?"
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2794
Reviews 115
He fished around in his pockets until he produced a mossy, slimy stone. "Toss this in some water and I'll show up."
"The Imperial need for control is so desperate because it is so unnatural. Tyranny requires constant effort. It breaks, it leaks. Authority is brittle. Oppression is the mask of fear. Remember that." -Karis Nemik

she/her



Go in fear of abstractions.
— Ezra Pound