Random avatar

sday1607

  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: A Place Called Home

    I sounds a little like Martin Luther King's 'I have a dream' speech, but not in a bad way. A more, developed, structured way. I like the line breaks and ...

    Jun 2, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Trapped

    Short but sweet. I like. :P I love the use of semi-colons in the first stanza, it really helps the rhythm to speed up, and then stop abruptly with the ...

    May 31, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: How Good, How Could?

    I have absolutely no idea what its about, but completely disagree with the last comment. I think the line breaks are imperative to the suspense and dragging the reader in, ...

    May 30, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: --

    I loved it, the imagery was amazing. I also loved how, although the rhyme scheme altered throughout the poem, it somehow managed to fit and added an air of abstractness. ...

    May 30, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: I say I hate you,

    Good concept, the rhyme and structure seems very forced. I'd try a poem without worrying about rhyme/structure and just let the creative juices flow. It seems that you've got a ...

    May 30, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Alone and Solo

    This is my style of writing, and its pretty damn good. Again, formatting it into stanzas and enjambements would give it structure and improve it. The beginning of every line ...

    May 29, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: To the Sea

    Really, very, very good. Only critique would be the change in rhythm at the ends of stanzas 2 and 3. It slows it down and means that the crescendo of ...

    May 29, 2008


Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think.
— Niels Bohr