Random avatar

ahhhsmusch

  • Short Story » General, General Re: Karachi Blues

    "or suffocating him with a pillow." I would either cut this out or the brain smashing line. The two together make the opening sentence drag on instead of end with ...

    May 2, 2013
  • Short Story » Narrative, Dramatic Re: Rooftops, Tall Tales, and Cigarettes.

    "His name was Edwin" I'd cut out this second one since you already told us his name in the first line. "Despite his appearance, he had several nice belongings; a ...

    Dec 5, 2012
  • Short Story » Romantic, Other Re: Coffee Stains

    This was a good read. The only negatives thoughts I had about this piece were about the dream. The dream takes up the majority of this piece and does a ...

    Aug 16, 2012
  • Short Story » Realistic, Literature Re: Skin and Bones

    I liked the stylistic approach you took to this story. Personally, I am a fan of characters whose names are not narrated because it adds a sense of objectivity and ...

    Jun 27, 2012
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Prologue: Rewrite

    ((my comments are like this)) The lone figure walks through the snow covered path without looking back. The man's eyes cold and flashing with anger as the bundle in his ...

    May 24, 2012
  • Short Story » Dramatic, Horror Re: The Lottery Winner (shortish intro to a game)

    My comments are spaced between double parenthesis. Also, I love The Lottery. The morning of June 26th was gloomy and dismal, not just the sky ((I would move the 'but ...

    Apr 26, 2012
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, General Re: Western Story

    I think that what this story needs the most is more. John's characterization is minimal. He is the hero, but we have no sense why. Right now, he is a ...

    Jan 25, 2012
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Stay.

    I found this story really funny. The contrast between the innocent questions about chocolate and heaven and then the sudden truck is so great, it's ridiculous. If you weren't going ...

    Jan 22, 2012
  • Lyrics » General, General Re: While Eyes Are Watching

    Wow, now this is a really twisted, disgusting song. Jesus. But, at least you had the guts to post this. I wouldn't do it, so I respect you for that ...

    Dec 8, 2011
  • Short Story » General, General Re: My Son is Gay

    I agree with Lumi, this piece lacks originality. By the first few lines, I could already tell where this story was going. You did not shed any new light on ...

    Dec 5, 2011
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Old Man

    Great narration by the old man. You did a great job on keeping his voice consistent and as a result, characterizing him further by how he perceives. I found the ...

    Nov 28, 2011
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Inferno Prologue

    I like the flow of this piece. You don't waste time on long elaborate descriptions and your similes are short and sweet. However, although the reading was smooth, I never ...

    Nov 22, 2011
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Rise Of Epoh, The Wielder Of Hope

    Alright, as I go through this I am just going to write down my thoughts. "Epoh had become lazy" Why has he become lazy? "You've been gone a few months", ...

    Nov 21, 2011
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Vimini

    Great piece. You have a way with imagery that allows you to sustain the very morose mood and tone. I didn't like the "gray, gray, gray, gray" part because I ...

    Nov 21, 2011
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: Aftermath Chapter 1

    This story reminds me of Cormac McCarthy's "The Road," but infused with the narration of a teenage girl, which is a really interesting idea. The setting and general atmosphere of ...

    Nov 19, 2011


See, we could have been called The Shoes.
— Paul McCartney