User avatar

Skye

  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Spirited #1

    Here we go a'critting... Considering the last week, Ajax found it reasonable to drink two glasses of undiluted wine and smoke three cigarettes for his breakfast. The long day ahead ...

    Mar 21, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Historical Fiction, General Re: Hourglass No.1

    Woohoo, I'm finally reading Hourglass. From the looks of things, I'm in for some fun, eh? ;) So, without further ado... His lips pulled themselves together in a smirk as ...

    Mar 21, 2007
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: White is what I never get from You

    Two little things: side should probably be sides , and the last line should read: for whom I had to turn off all the lights. As for the poem itself, ...

    Mar 17, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Missed Calls

    Okay, so Colleen got to this before me and basically said the same things I was going to. I love the line breaks as they are -- keep them. She ...

    Feb 24, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: Kri'sha -- Vetren'iy Sketch #2

    I've been so curious about Tov for the longest time - he always had such amusingly evasive answers in the Character Answer Threads, and he didn't disappoint in this sketch. ...

    Jan 15, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: drunk kids scene kids (new year)

    I think it's hard to do (that is, make real life experiences profound and actually meaning something to the audience), but you pull it off quite nicely. I especially loved ...

    Jan 11, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: In Memory of Kelsey

    While the continuence of the word "burn" throughout the poem was pretty cool, I have to point out the third line of stanza two as being a little much. I'm ...

    Dec 5, 2006
  • Article / Essay » General, General Re: National Novel Writing Month

    Cool stuff, cool stuff. I'd just check with your teacher (editor?) if it's okay that you added information about your own NaNoing experiences in at the end; I personally think ...

    Dec 4, 2006
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Before I Rip your Clothes off

    The First Stanza: I don't really feel that this starts off the poem with a bang. Though the images are, of course, fascinating, they're not really enough to make me ...

    Dec 4, 2006
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Stalls

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the key to "paragraphical poetry" (excuse my non-scientific name for it) a steady, pretty rhythm? There are several places where you achieve this ...

    Oct 19, 2006
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Closing Windows

    OOOF, indeed. This was definitely beautiful. But could I expect any less from you? Anyways... dreams twenty two thousand leages out of reach - Perhaps hyphenate like so: "twenty-two thousand". ...

    Oct 16, 2006
  • Short Story » Science Fiction, General Re: Compound Brazil-7- (This is for school, crits appreciated)

    Woo, very cool. I love the whole "mysterious killer virus" premise, very catchy. There are several times in the piece (mostly at the beginning, I believe) where you use the ...

    Oct 15, 2006
  • Short Story » General, General Re: The Story

    Okay, so Cassandra already addressed the info-dumping issue, and I back her 100%. Letting the characters' details leak out one by one is far more satisfying for the writer than ...

    Oct 13, 2006
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: The Chair of Wind & Darkness: Draft Two [1-4]: Closed

    I read the first couple paragraphs (prologue, right?) and practically fell out of my chair. Yeah, it was that fabulous. So, I'm finally getting started on your crit -- yes, ...

    Oct 9, 2006
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Gypsie Eyes

    I loved it too! Especially at the beginning, when you described Avarn. He was definitely enigmatic and cool. :) I also liked Tannar, whom you characterized well (ie, staring, fiddling ...

    Oct 9, 2006


Change isn't inherently good, but you can't stop it, so let's just enjoy the ride. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— TheSilverFox