User avatar

Merkava120

  • Short Story » Satire, Realistic Re: Suburbia

    This is a really interesting story. Probably the most characters I've seen in a short story in a while. Like susanne said, you've really got the short story form down. ...

    Aug 5, 2016
  • Short Story » Narrative, Realistic Re: What Doesn't Kill You

    This is excellent writing, and a beautiful story. I'm glad your mom is okay. My mom is a cancer survivor, too, although I was too young to remember it. I'm ...

    Apr 23, 2016
  • Short Story » General, General Re: another another story

    My first reaction as reading this was just "Yeeee-haaaw!" I love this idea--because it's good, developed, and, best of all, [i]completely original[i]. I've never seen anything like this anywhere befor

    Jul 3, 2015
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, Teen Fiction Re: Chapter 1-- Lone Voice Radio: Part I

    Merkava here! I'll jump right into it. I like the character you've created. She knows a lot about the Novites, she knows it's vitally important for her to record the ...

    Jul 3, 2015
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: The Burning of the Books

    Merkava here. Holy cow, I love historical fiction when it's written this well! That was very, very good. To start with, here are the things I liked most: The Uniforms ...

    Jun 2, 2015
  • Poetry » General, General Re: The Soul of the Writer and Artist

    Really great poem! I did connect with this a lot, especially the "imperfect, as always/but who can get it right?" and the very last stanza. If I take the last ...

    May 8, 2015
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: My Story

    Hi, welcome to YWS! Awesome story! You had really great imagery throughout the whole thing, and I didn't get hung up on any clunky descriptions or vague wording as I ...

    May 7, 2015
  • Short Story » Science Fiction, Other Re: Knackered Bloodfists

    This is a great story! There are a few things I'd like to mention here. First, I love how you wrote the story in second person. Few authors could do ...

    Apr 11, 2015


Percy fell face-first into his pizza.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena