User avatar

Lancrist

  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, General Re: Silver Sandwich

    This was an interesting piece and you have the right idea in setting the premise for your story. I felt it was a little crowded with information and needs to ...

    Dec 28, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: Field Trip Part 3

    Interesting story; not usually my type but I read through it anyway. Like others have said there were no major problems with grammar. As for the characters, they were OK. ...

    Dec 18, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Lyllan #4

    This will be the start of chapter 2, so I need to know if it's suitable for that. I wrote it quickly and havn't really edited it, so all help ...

    Dec 15, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Prologue and first chapters to my book (THIRD drafts)

    Now, he could sit back and relax, and savour his time on Earth, which came few and far between "few and far between" is used after a plural, eg, "the ...

    Dec 11, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: I am Legend

    I might go and read the book, the concept of armageddon/everyone on Earth dying is a concept I love (see: The Stand, by Stephen King). I'm interested in seeing the ...

    Dec 10, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Chapter 1

    I could talk to you about some structural/wording issues to do with this, but I think what you have to work on first is the actual content on the story. ...

    Dec 10, 2007
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Gulvorian Tales

    Firstly, I don't agree with what fairy had to say. Secondly, I think it was written well and you did a good job at building the imagery. I got the ...

    Dec 10, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Wizard-Chapter 1

    Some would say chapter length is up to you, but I would say that's too short. I think you told me too much about wizards in a short space of ...

    Apr 15, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: [deleted]

    I'll simply address these because that's what you're looking for: - Keeping the action moving; things happen, but I don't know if seems natural. I didn't have a problem with ...

    Apr 6, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: ...

    The quality of the writing in this was good and the story was good in building towards the final message. The major problem I found with this is the way ...

    Mar 31, 2007
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: ShadowWalker

    Not bad. I liked it well enough. I'll start my critique in a general way; then come to the finer points. I had two major qualms. Firstly - your characters ...

    Mar 29, 2007
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Fool's Duel: Lygarde de Mayne

    It was a door~~ ...He knocked his knuckles against the door, making a thumping sound. This paragraph has already been highlighted, aside from the excess of doors, I feel that ...

    Mar 28, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Esper's Sepulchral I: Prologue

    I mean sure the villagers may find me The bold words at the beginning don't seem to fit in both as appropriate dialogue and because it strikes me as something ...

    Mar 7, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Gorrath: Part 2 released.

    One sentence that stuck out and seemed out of place was "with heavy termite damage at this point, most likely." It doesn't strike me that Dynecus, fleeing his captors, would ...

    Feb 28, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: The Bleak Horizon Chapter 1 part 1

    I like it so far, and am interested in seeing where it's heading, although there are a few things I'll say (isn't there always?). There are a few spelling errors, ...

    Feb 26, 2007


To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
— Audrey Hepburn