Random avatar

Karsten

  • Short Story » General, General Re: Noise

    Hi Amy, At first I found myself getting quite bogged down in the writing here, which I think is suffering from a case of redundant redundancy, but as I read ...

    Jan 5, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: The First Christmas (1)

    Hi Elinor, I enjoyed the many Christmas references in this piece. Finding them is like a treasure hunt! Rudolph and the Scrooge references might be obvious, but Christian’s first name ...

    Jan 4, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Angels and Vampires-Part 6

    Hi forgotten, I’ve read everything you’ve posted so far, so this is a review of the story as a whole. Overall, while I enjoyed the description and thought the imagery ...

    Jan 3, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: A Vampire's Tears ~ Chapter 1

    Hi VL, Just adding a few more comments to Tex's excellent review. The opening paragraph where Leiya speaks directly to the audience feels kind of patronising to me. I'm not ...

    Jan 2, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Cat Steps [2] DRAFT

    Hi Rosey, It’s refreshing to read something that is fundamentally well-written. The writing here is clean and readable, and I enjoyed the world-building. And I think that’s why I feel ...

    Jan 2, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: The Wrong Side Ch. 1

    Hi Hippie, I’m glad you asked me to review this, because I enjoyed it. It’s dramatic, the opening is punchy and the writing is clean. I love your use of ...

    Jan 2, 2010
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Redwall by Brian Jacques

    I wish I could read Redwall books for my classes. :P I still have a huge nostalgic love for the Redwall series. It's repetitive at times, and the bizarre racist ...

    Dec 31, 2009
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: The Chaos Flame

    Hi Garland, Reviewing as per your request. I'm afraid I had difficulty with this story. It's riddled with spelling and grammar errors: the very first sentence has at least two. ...

    Dec 30, 2009
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Forest Sonata

    Hi Kamas, Harsh review on request! While I like the imagination you put into your writing, overall I felt that the sheer weirdness of some of the images, and the ...

    Dec 29, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: The Dream-Maker by Nathan D (Prologue/Chapter 1)

    Hi Nathan, This review might sting a little, so please take a deep breath before reading on. I can tell from the first paragraph alone that this novel is not ...

    Dec 29, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Demon's Deal (Chapter 1, Maybe)

    Hi Binkatong Quick review today. Overall, I found the beginning meandering, but I enjoyed the story much more when the plot kicked in. The writing is fluent and easy to ...

    Dec 29, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: The Last Storm (1)

    Hi Classy, As a frame , I rather like this. I'm pleased that the narrator is a grumpy elderly woman, subverting the unfortunate tendency for female characters to be (a) ...

    Dec 28, 2009
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: katy lost her virginity yesterday

    Flit, this is superb. Powerful voice, good use of stream-of-consciousness, and some sharp ideas - I particularly liked the traffic light. Start looking for appropriate markets to send this to, ...

    Dec 28, 2009
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Alone

    Hi summergrl, I think the writing here is fine, but when I look at the piece as a whole, I feel like the repetition is killing it. You establish in ...

    Dec 28, 2009
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Bloodlust & Bloodloss

    Hi iCarly, Just a quick review today. I enjoyed this - the opening lines are great, the writing is fluent and the homelessness is a new twist on the familiar ...

    Dec 27, 2009


Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief