Random avatar

Karsten

  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: in love with a boy

    okay guys thinks for the comments but that is why my story is called FICTION it wouldn't REALLY happen in life so yeah what now all of your words were ...

    Feb 20, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: The Janitors - Chapter 1 (Final Edit)

    Hi Hero, This is a tough review, so I hope you took me seriously when I warned about the bleeding. I think this piece still needs work. Primarily, I'm seeing ...

    Feb 17, 2010
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: The Assassin's Redemption- Redrafted

    Hi Kanen, Today's review is courtesy of the Biblical story of David and Goliath, in which the boy David kills a terrifying giant armed with only a sling. It's an ...

    Feb 17, 2010
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: The Descent (Revised)

    Hi Elinor, Quick review for you today. I thought this was clear and fairly well-written. The tenses are a bit shaky though - you need to watch that conditional tense ...

    Feb 15, 2010
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Desert

    Hi JamieAnn, I'm sorry to say that I had difficulty reading this piece. It has persistent technical errors like punctuation mixups (example: the last semi-colon), tense changes (example: second senten

    Feb 15, 2010
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: The Day Things Went Wrong

    Hi Cassie, I'm afraid I had difficulty following this story. The character reactions didn't make sense to me. These parents somehow don't notice that their baby is ill, when first-time ...

    Feb 15, 2010
  • Short Story » General, General Re: He beats me

    Hi Forest, I thought the writing here was clear, but the overall story feels heavy-handed to me. One party is 100% evil, a generic bad guy with drug issues thrown ...

    Feb 15, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: When the Sky Bleeds Prologue (paranormal romance/action)

    Hi romance otaku, I read your post on the Lounge board, and since you're serious about making it as a writer, I wanted to give you my honest opinion. The ...

    Feb 9, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Historical Fiction, General Re: Reg Carter: Deep Cover Chapt. 1 (Strong Language)

    Hi Ben, Just a few quick comments on the opening. I'm slightly confused by the level of historical accuracy here. I love the fact that you're using the original German ...

    Jan 26, 2010
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: untitled- this piece needs critique! very badly!

    It's really difficult to critique something where the capitalisation, spelling, grammar and punctuation are all broken and where the characters don't even have names. You're asking people to spend the

    Jan 9, 2010
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Balema - A world of many Elements

    Hi Durriedog, I liked the writing here. It's a little overblown at times, but it's also colourful and full of detail. I also enjoyed a few of the world-building details, ...

    Jan 8, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Temptress: Chapter One

    Hi OverEasy, Another quick review for another short piece. I liked this chapter more than I thought I would, mainly because Lucy comes across as a fun, sympathetic character with ...

    Jan 6, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Temptress: Prologue

    Hi OverEasy, Quick review for a short piece. This prologue reads cleanly, but I feel like I'm struggling to care about this story due to a lack of sympathetic characters. ...

    Jan 6, 2010
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Morality of a Slayer

    Hi SplitPin, I thought the writing here was clean and readable, save for the occasional lapse into present tense. I did have a problem with how drab the writing feels ...

    Jan 6, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: The Ouraul Pt. 2

    Hi Con, I love the premise here -- the woman who cut her own throat was awesome! -- but feel that the execution falters a little. I feel like I’m ...

    Jan 5, 2010


We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
— William Shakespeare