User avatar

Jenita

  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Icy Paths - Prologue

    Hi! :D Well, aside from the weird spaces in between bunches of paragraphs, it's an interesting beginning. The ending immediately brought to mind snow white -- does this have anything ...

    Jul 7, 2007
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Clearwater

    Regardless of what anyone else thinks, I loved the part about Ixchel. If I read that in a book in a book store I would definitely buy it. :D Umm... ...

    Jun 21, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: The Unicorn Killers - Old, decrepit first draft thingy

    Cool. Nice piece of writing here. I'm glad Kitty caught all the typos, because I would probably have been too lazy to go back and find them. ;) I have ...

    Jun 20, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Harry Potter & Inheritance- Opinions Wanted!!

    I read most of the harry potter in third grade! it is definitly a lower reading level than inhereitance. The age you read a book at is not the same ...

    Jan 23, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Reviews

    Anyone read the Beka Cooper that just came out (or, rather, came out in November but my city's deprived library just got a copy)? I'm reading that right now and ...

    Jan 23, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Looking for an Idea – 1/16/01

    Cool story, nice short read, and, of course, amusing. Only two specifics: Your first sentence... seems a bit off to me, as if it doesn't match style-wise the rest of ...

    Jan 22, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Writer's block unblocker

    Hello. I love your avatar. I was reading one of your other stories the other day... did I comment on it? I can't remember. Darn this thing called a short-term ...

    Jan 22, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Demon Caller

    Hey, great story. :) . I thought you had a lot of detail, actually, considering this is a prologue. Specifics: I really don't think you need the first paragraph... it ...

    Jan 21, 2007
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Silbury Street

    Great story you have here. The beginning reminds me a lot of Harry Potter -- a stranger appears on a quiet respectable street, carrying a bundle, which turns out to ...

    Jan 20, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Elemental Chapter 2

    Okay, so, I basically agree with everything blackwings said... especially number five: Phil is WAY too much of a know-it-all at this point and is acting very snobbish. Not a ...

    Jan 20, 2007
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Never Been Kissed (Revised)

    Hey, I think this version is better in its more detailed explanation and lack of lack thereof. A couple of specifics: It sort of seems like you're contradicting yourself in ...

    Jan 18, 2007
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Never Been Kissed (Working title)

    Wow, this is tough... I suppose I got here late. Basically, I agree with everything everyone's said so far, especially about the long paragraphs and the cliches. And Cat and ...

    Jan 15, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Tharins

    That was pretty good. A few comments I have (mostly about the beginning): 1. I think you use the word "was" too much, which makes for telling rather than showing, ...

    Jan 13, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: melting colours

    Let me see... You have a lot of mechanical errors in here, but I'm not sure if you want comments on those, so I'll ignore them for the time being ...

    Jan 10, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Author reviews

    Let's see, what hasn't been said yet? In fantasy... ~Diana Wynne Jones is AMAZING. She writes mainly fantasy and some sci-fi, and though some of her books are bit boring ...

    Jan 9, 2007


Human minds are more full of mysteries than any written book and more changeable than the cloud shapes in the air.
— Louisa May Alcott