User avatar

Insomnia

  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: My Dearest Madelyn

    Hey, pop. :D You posted on my thread, so I'm here. I liked this piece a lot. It was entertaining, and your characters seemed realistic with the occasional exception. I ...

    Dec 13, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: The Ghost Writer [Chapter one, part one]

    Hey, Kitty. :) Thanks for posting in my thread. Here's your critique. I could say it was the phone call that sweltering summer day when the clothes were drying on ...

    Dec 12, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Some Sort of Complication ~ Chapter One

    Hey, Pengy. ^_^ You're the first commenter, so thank you. :P I'll get into this now. Excuse me if I seem a bit harsh. I blame sleep deprivation. You already ...

    Dec 12, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, General Re: A Simple Mistake: Chapter One

    Hey. Moving onto the first chapter now, like I said. :P This was good. It added more depth to the characters and improved on the prologue a lot. I haven't ...

    Dec 12, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, General Re: A Simple Mistake (Prologue) [edited]

    Hey. :) I was looking for something to review, and this caught my attention. It's quite a nice piece of work. I enjoyed reading it, and I'll be going on ...

    Dec 12, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Tipping The Velvet {one}

    Hey. :) I don't think I've read anything of yours before. That's the problem with disappearing for months. You don't know anybody anymore. XD On with the critique. This was ...

    Dec 11, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: In the beginning. ( This is just a first phase of a piece)

    Hey. You're a new member, I see? Welcome to YWS. Hope you have a good time here. :) We have a rule here about posting your work. You have to ...

    Dec 11, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: The Zipper of Your Pants part 3

    Rawr. So, I'm here for the third critique. I'm expecting that this one won't be as long. I'm going to write it as I go so I don't miss anything ...

    Dec 10, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: The Zipper of Your Pants part 2

    Hey. :) I promised I'd give you a critique, so here I am. I'll try to be harsh. ;) I think if I had a knife, I could have sliced ...

    Dec 9, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Kisses work miracles

    Hi, Googly. I don't think we've met before. :) You've got something that has the potential to be a good piece here, but it seems a bit detached at the ...

    Dec 9, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Assignment for my LA class

    Hey. You did a pretty good job with the descriptions in this. Sometimes you descend into telling instead of showing, but overall it's a good piece. Just a few things ...

    Dec 9, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: The Zipper of Your Pants

    Hey. I just noticed you post the third part of this, so I thought I'd come back to the first part of it. ...You may have asked me to read ...

    Dec 8, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Dragon Hunters

    Hey. Welcome to YWS. :) Your story would be better if you fleshed it out some more. Add some descriptions, some dialogue. If you're still working on it, wait until ...

    Dec 7, 2008
  • Article / Essay » General, General Re: Coffee and Breathmints

    Hey, Luc. Just got around to reading this. It may be my first propr critique in months, even though it'll probably be very short. I didn't find too much to ...

    Dec 6, 2008
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Worst Book You've Ever Read

    - Anything Jodi Picoult and/or Lurlene McDaniel. I love you for saying that. :lol: I read a book by Jodi Picoult called Nineteen Minutes. Everyone I ever talked to about ...

    Sep 13, 2008


There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
— W. Somerset Maugham