User avatar

IamI

IamI

  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Fairy Tales: 7-9

    Honestly, I%u2019m not quite sure what you%u2019re saying in most of this. I believe when you are referring to %u2018the princess and the frog%u2019 you are referring to the third ...

    Sep 10, 2021
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Fairy Tales: 7-9

    Thanks for your review! something that jumped out at me when I read it was that you recommended I remove the parentheses in the last story. I sent that story ...

    Aug 25, 2021
  • Short Story » Dramatic, Fantasy Re: Between the Stones

    Thank you for your review, @Mellifera , this was unexpected but certainly not unwelcome. I was actually editing this before I decided to briefly check up on YWS (I'm hoping ...

    Sep 16, 2020
  • Short Story » Dramatic, Fantasy Re: Between the Stones

    Thanks for your review! I think most of the issues with tense are due to typos. I agree that: "your dream slips away from you, you forget it | After ...

    Sep 12, 2020
  • Short Story » Dramatic, Fantasy Re: Between the Stones

    Thanks for your review! I am not particularly interested in writing a sequel or a second part, but I might if inspiration strikes me, so thanks for putting the idea ...

    Sep 9, 2020
  • Poetry » General, General Re: 5 short poems

    Thank you for your review! I'm not offend, though I am slightly confused (especially at your interpretation of the last poem, but we'll get there) The first four poems in ...

    Sep 3, 2020
  • Poetry » General, General Re: 5 short poems

    I'm glad you liked them! you're review put me in a very good mood. There isn't any real significance to that, just thought I'd thank you for putting a little ...

    Sep 3, 2020
  • Poetry » General, General Re: 5 short poems

    Thank you for your review! The lines you listed were not intentionally left uncapitalized and I will go through and fix this later, since I'm supposed to be doing schoolwork ...

    Sep 3, 2020
  • Poetry » General, General Re: A portrait of Aphrodite

    This isn%u2019t a rendering of an actual myth, I just used goddesses to represent different types of beauty; Nyx is the Greek goddess of night, Aroura is (if I remember ...

    Aug 10, 2020
  • Novel / Chapter » Teen Fiction, Dramatic Re: Dare to be different or dead

    I second what @icyflame said: I wouldn%u2019t mind reading the next part when you post it. Also, apologies for not replying earlier, I wasn%u2019t notified of your tag in my ...

    Aug 2, 2020
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Portrait of a corpse

    Okay. Thanks!

    Jul 28, 2020
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Portrait of a corpse

    Also, I was wondering about something: do apostrophe s%u2019s count as a separate syllable? I use a syllable counting software most of the time and I was fairly sure its ...

    Jul 28, 2020
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Portrait of a corpse

    Thanks for your review! I%u2019ve heard a lot about needing to work on my meter so I%u2019ll do that. Something I%u2019m glad you mentioned was that you didn%u2019t really feel ...

    Jul 28, 2020
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Punctuation Poem

    Thanks for your review! The story you applied to this is quite interesting, and I%u2019m glad someone could get a coherent story out of this because I certainly couldn%u2019t (not ...

    Jul 22, 2020
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Punctuation Poem

    @whatchamacallit Thanks for the tip, I will keep that in mind for the future.

    Jul 22, 2020


Too often we crave the extraordinary in life, without even learning how to cherish the ordinary first. Friend, I promise you this: if you can learn to take joy in the simple mundane things in life, the extraordinary will take care of itself, it'll be on its way, hurrying towards you. But if you skip the first part, it'll ever evade you.
— Arcticus