User avatar

Heidigirl666

  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Looking for a good book

    It's not young adult, but have you ever read the Charlie Parker books by John Conolly? They're kind of crime/horror and really creepy. Basically Charlie Parker is a private dectective; ...

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: The Fire of Betrayal

    I like this, however, there are a few parts which don't quite fit in tone with the rest of it. Stanza three is too casual, and just doesn't sound right. ...

    Mar 22, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Of Secrets

    Wow. I really liked this, apart from the second stanza doesn't quite fit in rhythm with the rest of it. The last line of the third stanza doesn't fit either. ...

    Mar 22, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Sea Spray

    I like this; it's a good short, strong piece, however, there are a few irrelevant passages and some repetition. For example, you don't need to say his steps were uneven ...

    Mar 22, 2008
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Reunion

    I only scanned over this, but one thing I did notice is that it's a little repetative, especially at the beginning. For example, here: Across the ocean, a fire descended ...

    Mar 21, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: In Between Life and Flesh

    Ooh. Weird. :D I was a little puzzled by the migraine thing; I have migraines, my dad has migraines, and I know tonnes of other people with migraines, and they ...

    Mar 21, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: how do you like my story

    Punctuation, punctuation, punctuation. :wink: You particularly need to put a lot of commas in. Remember, as I recently pointed out to someone else, commas are your friend. :wink: They help ...

    Mar 20, 2008
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, General Re: The Final Musings of an Old General

    I thought this was pretty good, but it confused me a little at the end. Have some suggestions too; punctuation is what mostly lets you down: and bright incandescence flashes. ...

    Mar 20, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: EON. Everything or nothing!

    I can only say one thing: Infodumping. :shock: Having loads of description and background in one place can get tiresome to say the least. If you want people to know ...

    Mar 20, 2008
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, General Re: The Smell of Victory

    I liked this. Don't have that many suggestions, but watch out for repetition. For example, here: The Sergeant and his four remaining soldiers all inhaled deeply. With that, the remaining ...

    Mar 20, 2008
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Pianissimo

    I liked it, characters definitely credible, doesn't need any more. My brain is mushy and I can't think properly and there are only a few things I can think of ...

    Mar 18, 2008
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: Co-operate and Live, or Disobay and Die

    I'm afraid I only scanned over this, because right away from the beginning it didn't appear to be very well developed. You ramble a lot, and the dialogue isn't very ...

    Mar 18, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Chance of Snow 1

    I'm afraid I'll have to say I didn't enjoy reading this much, but I think it could be a good piece with some work. I just found the beginning a ...

    Mar 16, 2008
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Kidnapped C1 : Goodbye boring life, hello horror flick

    I thought this was a good start, although I did think the MC was a bit too cool. She came across to me as about sixteen, but in that case, ...

    Mar 15, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Good Will

    Wow. I really like this; it was a very strong piece of writing. I wouldn't agree with everything KJ said, but yes, there are some parts where the tenses are ...

    Mar 15, 2008


if ya mention chickens, i have to show up, that is the law.
— alliyah