User avatar

GryphonFledgling

  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: The Agri and the Engineer: 2.1

    Wow, even better than the first one by way of character and world building! I'm liking it better and better! --- I noticed something that you do both in this ...

    Jan 4, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: The Agri and the Engineer: 1.1

    The tone for this piece was kind of slow, despite the frenetic scene of a club it is describing. It comes across kind of dull and bored. And it completely ...

    Jan 4, 2009
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Haven

    This looks hugely familiar. Where have I read this before? Really, I remember reading this exact things somewhere before... Some other website, perhaps? *scratches head* “Zut, what is that?” I ...

    Jan 4, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Writing a Letter

    This was so sad. I reacted rather strongly at the end, because you spent so much time describing the creation of this letter, only to destroy it in the end. ...

    Jan 4, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Coins

    This was intriguing and I'd like to see where it goes, but as is, there is really no point to it and it sort of doesn't make any sense. I ...

    Jan 3, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Couple in a Cafe

    An interesting piece. I liked it, but I really failed to see the point of it. Was it a bit of observation? If so, I'd put it in non-fiction. As ...

    Jan 3, 2009
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: N/A

    I'm a little confused... Is this the second part of your story? Then what is the other "Professor" bit you have on here? Numbers in your title might be a ...

    Jan 3, 2009
  • Short Story » Science Fiction, General Re: Untitled

    *vicious alligator promptly closes jaws* Wow. Absolutely amazing. I really have no critiques for you. I am horrible with titles, so I can't really help you out there, though I ...

    Jan 3, 2009
  • Other » General, General Re: Marcus And His Mysterious Travels: The Window Escape

    The last line seriously had me chuckling out loud. Very clever. I liked this story a lot, actually. It was sweet and funny, and definitely felt like a children's book ...

    Jan 3, 2009
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Leoni

    Ooh, very nice. I'm not sure why, but I instantly liked Bluekai simply for his name. Bluekai. I don't know... It's just a cool name. That said, the rest of ...

    Jan 3, 2009
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: N/A

    Ooh, very nice. Really, your writing is really solid here. I was going to call you out on the whole infodump on the school, but it actually works somehow with ...

    Jan 3, 2009
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Little bit of tragic love stort-needs development!

    Hey hi! New members! *squee* Okie dokie, first, your title. Please change it to something else. As is, it really does nothing for you. It isn't really even a title, ...

    Jan 3, 2009
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Henry of Falador

    Hey hi! I'll be your reviewer today! Okay, first off: yay for falcons! Seriously, I'm a fan of birds of prey. Just had to give a shout out. Well, Haruno ...

    Jan 3, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Pavo

    Wow. I loved this. The protagonist, the narrator's voice and position, everything just... *sigh* Absolutely marvelous. Um, one thing: I'm not much of an expert on sheep, but from what ...

    Jan 2, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: Slip, Part 1 EDIT

    Wow. Really amazing. This was such a strong voice. It drew me in. I'm a fan of this style of story and you are really pulling it off marvelously. *blinks* ...

    Jan 2, 2009


Cheat your landlord if you can and must, but do not try to shortchange the Muse. It cannot be done. You can’t fake quality any more than you can fake a good meal.
— William S. Burroughs