User avatar

GoldFlame

GoldFlame

  • Novel / Chapter » Historical Fiction, Romantic Re: Salvation of Ignorance - Chapter 1: Yes, A Charming Man, Indeed.

    Flame here, as promised! I immediately received the impression that you enjoy reading classics. Clauses spanning impressive lengths, laced with high vocabulary, descriptions cut to a minimum, stitched

    Feb 25, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, Science Fiction Re: LAPIS :Chapter 11:

    Flame here! Happy Review Day! You hooked my attention from the start, and this is only the eleventh chapter :D. As soon as that first paragraph concluded, I was thinking, ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, Fantasy Re: Contemptable Wrest - (Ch. 3): Unsportsmanlike Conduct

    Flame here! Happy Review Day! :D Heads up, this review's going to be a little jumbled, in terms of praise and nitpicks. Animal Planet has canisters of film depicting the ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Wages: Chapter Eight

    Wow. You are one talented artist. And writer, of course. I was just skimming Lucrezia's review, and I can't express enough my amazement that you've only picked it up recently. ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Science Fiction Re: Another side: Chapter 6

    Flame here! Happy Review Day! :D I dropped in at the sixth chapter, but I think it's fair to claim that you've got a great grasp on storytelling. All flowed ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, Supernatural Re: Trapped in a Fairy Tale World: Chapter 3

    Flame here! Happy Review Day! I could tell right off, writing comes naturally to you. The flow--gosh. I wish I could steal it, replicate it, but that'd be counterfeit :P. ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Romantic Re: No name

    Flame here! Go Icicles :D! What I admired most was the pace. Perfect, needless to say. No info-dumping, no excess description. No obstacle in the path my gaze tread. Everything ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Supernatural, Romantic Re: My Crazy Adventures- (M.C.A) Chapter 5: Human Struggles

    Flame here! Go Icicles! :D So, my review might be a little jumbled up, in terms of praise and nitpicks... Major Nitpicks The narrator's speech doesn't strike me as realistic. ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Mystery / Suspense, Supernatural Re: The Hybrids (chapter 6)

    Flame here! You never fail to amaze, don't you? :D I'm only finding that your alternation between their perspectives is becoming more difficult to follow, with your frequent jumps. I ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Mystery / Suspense, Supernatural Re: The Hybrids (chapter 5)

    Flame here! Happy Review Day! :D “Ok, so spill it. "Ok" is too reflective of text-talk. I'd recommend spelling it out (okay), just to establish that dash of formality. I ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Teen Fiction, Romantic Re: Coffee, Grit, and my Dad's Best Shoes 2.4

    Flame here! This review's going to be a little jumbled up, in terms of praise and nitpicks... Okay, you went a little comma-happy. I'll admit, I'm the kind of person ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Supernatural, Fantasy Re: Sorceress: Chapter 4

    Flame here! Not to late to welcome you to YWS? :D Excuse me as I gush over your style. Limited use of prepositions and speaker's tags, successful fusion of active ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Action / Adventure Re: Maelstrom Chapter 3

    Flame here! This is one of the few times I can claim I truly enjoyed this. Young fantasy writers tend to speed up the pace, as they quite often lapse ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Teen Fiction, Fantasy Re: Sorceress, Chapter 3

    Flame here! I haven't read the previous chapters, but I noted your efforts to flesh out the characters, to develop the setting, establish an image in the reader's mind. This ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Short Story » Fantasy, Action / Adventure Re: Random Encounter N°1: Pyrospook

    Flame here! Go Icicles! :D I didn't expect humor to be folded into this, but it suited the theme, somehow. My eyes were glued to the screen the entire length ...

    Feb 23, 2014


There’s always a story. It’s all stories, really. The sun coming up every day is a story. Everything’s got a story in it. Change the story, change the world.
— Terry Pratchett