User avatar

Dulcet

formerly Bubbles/bubblysprinkles

  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: The Sirens Song

    Let me start by saying the prologue is unnecessary, because you already have a great start in Chapter 1! Prologues should really only be used if you want to tell ...

    Oct 28, 2016
  • Novel / Chapter » Literature, Teen Fiction Re: Prologue

    (Welcome to YWS! I'm just a few days old on here as well, and I'm enjoying my time here so hopefully you are too.) This prologue certainly leaves me wanting ...

    Oct 22, 2016
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, Action / Adventure Re: Two little monsters

    This review is going to be more nitpicks than anything else, to be honest. You already have a good grip on storytelling, and the story itself is really interesting! The ...

    Oct 22, 2016
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: One Hundred Lives to Live

    Instantly, I'm hooked. I love the first sentence. The simple detail about the wet sleeve just says so much, and to start the story with it sets the scene already. ...

    Oct 20, 2016
  • Short Story » Mystery / Suspense, Horror Re: Just the start

    Nice start! The beginning paragraph is certainly intriguing, and I wonder who 'she' is. Just be careful about paragraph spacing, because it's very easy for readers to lose their place ...

    Oct 17, 2016
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Boarding school for the Elite

    Hi, this is my first review so I'm sorry if it's a bit iffy! Hopefully the quote tags work. First, I want to say I love the characters already. They're ...

    Oct 16, 2016


When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind