Random avatar

BenS

  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: Rice

    I like how your story flows together. But some of the things were too convenient like the vaccine and the gunpowder. Also it was not obvious what period this took ...

    Mar 14, 2016
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Stowaway survivor

    I think you did a good job overall with the story. One thing I would change though is that there are a few things that just worked out too well. ...

    Mar 14, 2016
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, Culture Re: The Lucky Bureaucrat

    I think you did a wonderful job on this story. I like how well you moved into the climax and the story in general. The one thing I did not ...

    Mar 11, 2016
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, Historical Fiction Re: ESCAPE O THE GAZELLE

    Please fix some of the grammatical errors.

    Mar 1, 2016


Way, way back in the 1988 Presidential election, then Vice President George H W Bush had a phrase he liked to use: "A Thousand Points of Light." It refers to the idea that a community is made up of people who contribute in a thousand, different small ways, but with each helping to illuminate their community. It's a phrase I think about a lot when it comes to YWS. Looking forward, the site will continue to change and grow, but it will always remain a community dedicated to promoting creative writing as a favorite pastime.
— Nate