User avatar

Alainna

  • Novel / Chapter » Historical Fiction, General Re: Somewhere Else. Part 1.

    Thank you for the comments and help! I think for this piece of writing (the story as a whole) it is my sentence structure that lets me down a little ...

    Jul 30, 2007
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: Somewhere Else Continued.

    Yeah, this is fact based, in fact the part where Michael grabs a child and runs is based on what my father did during the invasion. This is a good ...

    Jul 26, 2007
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: Somewhere Else Continued.

    Thanks Order! Generally my commas etc are there for effect, it's just the way I 'talk' to the reader. But I shall consider what you have said. By the way ...

    Jul 26, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Agatha Cristie

    I've read Murder On The Orient Express and the Hollow, which are both brilliant. I don't like Miss Marple though, I prefer Poirot. The Hollow is great, I would recommend ...

    Jul 25, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Letter To You

    Thank you for all the comments. Twit- It was from Claire and I'm glad you picked up on that!!! DQ- It was only called letter to you because a lot ...

    Jul 25, 2007
  • Article / Essay » General, General Re: Scar

    Thanks for pointing that out ShadowTwit! You're not being nosy, no worries!! Yes, I do have a scar from being burnt last October. It's on my upper arm on my ...

    Jul 23, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: POD 40 -Are You my Mother? -On Both Accounts

    I loved this part JC. It was very sad and your writing flowed well. All I can say is that if I were Jamie I'd get the hell outta that ...

    Jul 18, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Lyla. Part 6

    Now it's my turn to blush! I don't think my quality of writing is as good as JC's!!!! I LOVE POD!!!! However, I've always used flash backs, I think they're ...

    Jul 12, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Lyla. Part 8.

    Thanks guys for the comments. I'm in complete agreement that the argument was rubbish and this chapter not to strong. I really need to work on it! Jules- I'm here, ...

    Jul 12, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: My Sister's Keeper

    OK, so I actually read all of it and kinda saw the ending happen, but it was still sad. I must of cried at least six times through this book ...

    Jul 9, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Lyla. Part 8.

    Thank you so much for all your crits! When editing I shall improve this argument, draw it out, etc. I completely agree with the comments made about that! Lyla's mum ...

    Jun 26, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: POD 35 -Never Existed

    Re-write!!! Woop!! This is a little more...inspiring. It didn't make me loose all hope on Jamie. I could actually see yourself in Natalie, the writer acting as the friend to ...

    Jun 25, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: My Sister's Keeper

    Coincidence. I read the first chapter of this book yesterday as my mate is reading it and already I'm absorbed. I'm off to buy it soon... Characters flat??? No way... ...

    Jun 24, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Lyla. Part 7

    Thanks for all the crits! I knew I had spelt that wrong, but it came up fine on my Word spelling checker..... JC- Lyla is 16. That's why it wasn't ...

    Jun 17, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Speak

    Everyone has been telling me to read this book, but I never got round to it. Well, now I'm adding it to my summer reading list and I'll comment on ...

    Jun 15, 2007


Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
— Groucho Marx