I Love You

by ~*~*~*~SOX~*~*~*~

I wrote it for my crush and she loved it! I hope you do to!

"I Love You"

I traveled so far to hear you voice
I rode to you on a stunning white horse
When I looked into your deep green eyes,
I saw that there were no lies
I wish I didn't know the truth
I wish that we weren't through
But then again you never knew
How much I really felt for you
So you must be thinking how we're through
If I never even had you
But what I know, you should too
That is that I love you.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:43 am

Awww, that sucks. I put a lot of work into that crit.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:39 am
Snoink says...

Psssssst. This was written six years ago by a 12-year-old. Look at the dates, people! ;)

Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:11 am
WritersUnleashed wrote a review...

#FF0000 ">Oh lord. Oh lord. This is going to be torn apart by my crit.

#FF0000 ">Red is comments/crits. #0000FF ">Blue is possible changes

I traveled so far to hear you voice
I rode to you on a stunning white horse #FF0000 ">This is very boring, and kind of long. Stunning is not a very good word for this line, deffinitly because thats not what horses are. A horse, gennerally, is more of the thing that men ride in on, and save the day with. Women (Parden me if your a guy, im just guessing by your avi and the tone of the poem), gennerally, are not the ones with the horses. #0000FF ">You came to me with your great white horse.
When I looked into your deep green eyes, #FF0000 ">Wait, his eyes are deep green? Don't you mean you looked deeply? #0000FF ">When I looked deeply into your green eyes
I saw that there were no lies #FF0000 ">Another boring line. Maybe shortening the length of the lines. It just seems to be too many words for such a small statement.
I wish I didn't know the truth #FF0000 ">This takes a few reads to get. Us as readers do not know the truth, and still don't know enough about the situation to even know that there is a truth at all.
I wish that we weren't through #FF0000 ">Weren't? Aren't would be a better word there.
But then again you never knew
How much I really felt for you #FF0000 ">Very, VERY cliche. This is said WAY too much. Just stay away from this line completely. Sure, it may sound sweet to him, but not too us. Originality is the key in love poems (along with it being romantic, which this poem is also lacking). Maybe try this: #0000FF ">That my feelings were all so true
So you must be thinking how we're through #FF0000 ">Didn't you alread say that a couple of lines ago? It was also the rhyme you used in the line before. Originality is a key in poems, overall. It is really bad if you not only use practically the same line about 3 lines down, but also rhyme it the same?! Wow.
If I never even had you #FF0000 ">This line screw up the rythm pretty bad. All of the other lines had about 4 beats to it, and on this one, even saying it very slow, it maxed ut at 3. Also, the line is pretty cliche. Just think of all the teenage love lines where they say "Oh baby, if I didn't have you..."
But what I know, you should too #FF0000 ">What is with these rhymes? You have way to much oo at the end. The rhyme has mannaged to change from AABBCC to AABBCCDDDDDDD. Try to change up some of these lines.
That is that I love you. #FF0000 ">That is that? That is that?! Wooow. Okay this line is very bad. There is so many other options, much better than what you used, that you could have used. #0000FF ">Baby, I love you. Honey, I love you.#0000FF "> I love you#FF0000 ">Cliche as it is, just a plain I love you would have worked better. These possiblities could go on for so much longer.

I'm sorry to say, but this was pretty bad. There are so many simple elements of poetry that you skipped over. Don't be discrouraged however because I see your insperation. What I reccomend is to look at other people's poetry and study them. Then, you should be on your way.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:47 pm
lele253isme wrote a review...

The rhythm in this poem was getting real old when I was reading it, not to be harsh. And you used though two times and that takes away from the essence of the poem. I think that you used you too many times too. But other than those minor things that I really like the rest. As far as the poem goes it is really good.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:44 pm
Chevy wrote a review...

I agree with Chandni.
It was a neat little love poem, I suppose. To be honest, I would probably like it if it was written for me.

Chevy's Critiquing Scale
far left colon - not so great
far right colon - excellent

Title ..... | : - - - -|
Flow ..... | - : - - -|
Creativity ..... | - : - - -|
Imagery ..... | - : - - -|
Language ..... | : - - - -|
Consistency ..... | - - - : -|
Length ..... | - : - - -|
Ending ..... | - - - : -|
Overall ..... | - - : - -|

Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:01 am
Chandni wrote a review...

its okay... one thing try to use a word only one time

I wish that we weren't through
But then again you never knew
How much I really felt for you

It will make it sound better I guess :roll:

If you steal property, you must report its fair market value...
— John Oliver